Apple iPhone 6 catches fire, California girl gets nasty surprise, burns hole in blanket: Report
An Apple iPhone 6 owned by an 11-year-old girl from California caught fire and burned holes in her blanket once she threw the device on it, the media has reported.
An Apple iPhone 6 owned by an 11-year-old girl from California caught fire and burned a hole in her blanket once she threw the device on it, according to a report. An Apple iPhone 6 belonging to a California-based 11-year-old girl caught fire and burnt a hole in her blanket when she threw the Apple iPhone 6 away from her. The incident took place on Saturday. After the incident, teen's mother Maria Adata telephoned Apple support for immediate help and the support personnel instructed her to send pictures and ship the Apple iPhone that caught fire back to the retailer.
Sharing her shocking experience involving the Apple iPhone 6 fire incident with 9to5Mac, the girl said, "I was sitting down, and I had my phone in my hand and then I saw sparks flying everywhere and I just threw it on a blanket. I was right here on the bed and the phone managed to burn through this blanket."
See Zee Business video below:
— Zee Business (@ZeeBusiness) July 15, 2019
According to the Apple, the iPhone-maker, there could be several things that may cause such a fire incident, which includes use of unauthorised charging cables and chargers.
Incidentally, this is not the first time an iPhone has caught fire. Around two years ago, a viral video on Twitter claimed to show an iPhone 7 Plus catching fire. In December, an Ohio man said that his iPhone XS Max caught fire and exploded in his pocket.
(With inputs from IANS)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.