Amazon Alexa can now play over 350 radio stations in India: Here is how to get this feature
The device gets activated on the command and is started. For radio stations feature, the company added several Alexa skills.
Alexa, a virtual assistant developed by Amazon can now play over 350 radio stations in India. Alexa which was capable of voice interaction, music playback, making to-do lists, setting alarms, streaming podcasts, playing audiobooks, and providing weather, traffic, sports and news got another skill to play radio stations from across the world.
The users just need to ask their Echo devices “Alexa, what radio stations do you have”. The device gets activated on the command and is started. For radio stations feature, the company added several Alexa skills.
Radio City Sufi, Radio One Delhi, Radio Mirchi top 20 from Gaana are some of the radio channels supported in the device. Apart from these channels, Alexa also has regional radio channels like All India Radio Bangla.
To get the radio stations like BBC Radio 2, ESPN Radio and BBC Radio 5 Live from across the world the company had a partnership with TuneIn and myTuner. However Tunein and myTuner will be activated by default on all Amazon Echo devices, some of the specific skills need to be activated. To activate the features the customer need to activate it from the Alexa app or Alexa Skills Store official website.
How to enable feature:
1. Download Amazon Alexa app on smartphone.
2. Sign in with your Amazon ID and connect Echo device.
3. Click on the hamburger list button located on the top left side of the app.
4. Tap on the search icon and type the name of radio you want to listen.
5. In search results, click on the preferred radio station and on the new page press the ‘Enable To Use’ button.