10 features of WhatsApp that made 2020 bearable!
The better half of 2020, has been rough, to say the least, and that’s putting it mildly! But there are a few moments of respite that made 2020 just a little more bearable
The better half of 2020, has been rough, to say the least, and that’s putting it mildly! But there are a few moments of respite that made 2020 just a little more bearable. Considering a majority of conversations moved online this year, it’s no surprise that some of these ‘moments of respite’ came in the form of new features and experience updates on our favourite apps.
Here’s a list of the top features launched on WhatsApp this year:
1. WhatsApp Payments: WhatsApp designed the payments feature in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) using the Unified Payment Interface (UPI), an India-first, real-time payment system that enables transactions with over 160 supported banks. Now, making payments is as easy as sending a message on WhatsApp. We’re excited to join India’s campaign to increase the ease and use of digital payments, which is helping expand financial inclusion in India. This is how you can set up payments on WhatsApp.
2. Disappearing messages: Our WhatsApp messages often live on our phones forever. While it’s great to hold onto memories from friends and family, most of what we send doesn’t need to be everlasting. With disappearing messages turned on, new messages sent to a chat will disappear after 7 days, helping the conversation feel lighter and more private! Learn how to enable disappearing messages here.
3. Redesigned storage management tool: Now, you can easily declutter your WhatsApp chats, of the incessant forwarded texts, pictures and videos, with the new storage management tool. Here’s how.
4. Mute Always: Now, you can mute your WhatsApp group or personal chats indefinitely with the new ‘Always Mute’ option. This feature is definitely a boon for many who’ve wanted to keep their notifications at bay.
5. Customisable wallpapers: Your WhatsApp chats hold a special place in your life, which is why we introduced custom chat wallpapers. Make your chats personal and distinguishable by using a custom wallpaper for your most important chats and favorite people, and you never need worry about sending the wrong message in the wrong chat ever again!
6. Advanced search option: With this option, users can now easily filter the search with photos, audio, GIFs, videos, along with documents and links. Now, you don’t need to spend hours scrolling through chats to look for any media!
7. Animated stickers: Stickers on WhatsApp do a great job at expressing emotions. They are one of the fastest growing ways people communicate on WhatsApp, with billions sent every day. WhatsApp rolled out animated sticker packs as a more fun and expressive way to communicate. Take a look at this page.
8. QR codes: WhatsApp recently made it easier than ever to add a new contact. Soon when you meet someone new, you will be able to scan their QR code to add them to your contacts. No more tapping in their digits one at a time. Here’s all you need to know.
9. Group video calls: Now, users can video call up to 8 people at once! In addition to this, the new improvements make it easier to focus on one person by letting the user press and hold to maximize a participant's video to full screen. In group chats of 8 or less, users can easily start a group video call with just one tap. Here’s how.
10. Dark mode: The incredibly popular Dark Mode theme that gives your eyes a little respite, while giving your phone a new look, now also extends to your computer/ desktop, as well. Looks like those work chats just got a face-lift! Learn how to set up dark-mode on WhatsApp here.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.