- AMC Sector: Growth-oriented funds lead the strong inflows in sector, says BK Securities – check key triggers
- Q1FY23 Preview: Pharmaceutical firms likely to deliver subdued performance in domestic market, says Nirmal Bang
- Chemical sector may report growth in operating profit both sequentially and YoY in Q1FY23 – Check details here
- Finance Ministry empanels 12 transaction advisers for assisting in implementation of Public Private Partnership projects
- Stock market on Monday: Market may continue its volatile trade, believes Anil Singhvi - crude, rupee movement key monitorable
Your food is just a few clicks away! Dash.menu, Swiggy to Faasos, 5 food-tech startups that are creating new trends
With swift and seamless services, these start-ups are helping people have their meals on time amidst all the hustle-bustle of modern life.
The food delivery service platform is going from strength to strength in India. Needless to say competition, especially in the online market, is fierce. Now, apart from Zomato, platforms like Swiggy, Foodpanda, JustEat, TastyKhana and FoodMingo are among top players. Interestingly, Uber which entered the Indian market, with online taxi service, had also launched Uber Eats. Yes, food-tech start-ups are on the rise in India. These ventures are changing the face of how Indians dine. With swift and seamless services, these start-ups are helping people have their meals on time amidst all the hustle-bustle of modern life. Let’s take a look at 5 promising food-tech ventures in India that have emerged as game-changers in the Indian context.
1. Dash.menu: Sample food through FIDEOS before ordering
For long, while ordering or dining out, users couldn’t really sample their food. However, entry of Dash in India’s food-tech domain disrupts that status quo. Giving a break from the traditional paper or digital menus, Dash creates bite-sized fideos, short for food-videos. It helps users ‘see’ what they are ordering, exactly how the food is prepared or how it would look. Dash, thus, takes away the dependency on a trained staff or on the ability of users to decipher a well-articulate menu. It helps restaurants and cloud kitchens to upsell while minimising the buyer’s remorse.
2. Swiggy – Easy deliveries within 40 mins
The brand promises to fill provide exclusive cuisine in under 40-minutes. Helping customers to order food from top-rated restaurants in the vicinity, Swiggly also allows them to track the order in real-time. To ensure quicker deliveries, Swiggy has also partnered with internet-first restaurants like Brekkie and Eatongo. Swiggy has also ventured into the cloud-kitchen model, driven to provide the best experience to its customers.
3. Zomato – From ordering-in to dining-out
From ordering-in to booking a table at a restaurant, Zomato covers the full spectrum of services that a passionate foodie would need. Planning a date? Looking for bars with live-music or wish to order comfort food? Zomato will take care of it all. The home-grown brand has made its way to over 20 countries in the world, including Sri Lanka, UK, New Zealand, UAE, Qatar, and more.
4. Faasos: Scrumptious food and beverage
Faasos is a chain of restaurants and nearly 75 cloud kitchens, owning brands like Ovenstory, Behrouz Biryani, and Kettle & Eggs. Its mobile app, available on iOS and Android, helps users order scrumptious food and beverage of their choice. In addition to online deliveries, the brand has also opened offline outlets in Bengaluru.
5. FreshMenu – Freshly prepared, covering multiple cuisine
An internet-first restaurant, FreshMenu has established itself in providing freshly prepared food, covering diverse cuisine including continental, oriental, Italian, and more. There is never a dull moment with FreshMenu, as the menu is changed every day.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.