- Air India Divestment: Tatas to take home ‘Maharaja' on January 27; DIPAM, Finance Ministry officials will be involved
- LIVE: Budget 2022 Expectations on Income Tax, Real Estate, Salaried Employees, Tax Slabs Changes, 80C, GST, MSMEs, IT and more
- Zomato versus Swiggy: Swiggy valuation stands at $10.7 billion; why is Zomato in focus? - Check this report here
- Maruti Suzuki Q3 Results: Net profit falls 48% to Rs 1,042 crore
- Sebi introduces framework for Special Situation Funds for investment in stressed assets
Ex-Infosys executive Rajiv Bansal quits Ola a year into the job
Bansal had resigned from Infosys post in October, 2015 after which he joined Ola.
Ola Chief Financial Officer Rajiv Bansal has quit the ride-hailing service company, a report said. Bansal was the former Infosys CFO -- which is in news for reasons more than one.
According to a LiveMint report, Bansal has resigned from Ola and the company has named Pallav Singh as its interim CFO.
The report claimed that his departure is not "complete surprise" as during his tenure of 12 months, he failed to get new investors for the company.
Infosys has been in news recently for its founders' -- N. R. Narayana Murthy, K. Dinesh, Nandan Nilekani, Ashok Arora, S. D. Shibulal, Kris Gopalakrishnan, N. S. Raghavan -- displeasure with the CEO of the company, Vishal Sikka.
One of the reason claimed by the sources is Sikka's decision to give severance pay, salary and other benefits, totalling to Rs 23.02 crore to Bansal and others when he was leaving the company a year ago.
Bansal had resigned from the post in October, 2015 after which he joined Ola.
Bansal's performance in Ola can also be judged by yesterday's SoftBank results. Japan's multinational telecommunications and internet company SoftBank is a major investor in Ola.
On Wednesday, the Japanese company revealed that it has lost $350 million on Indian investments including Ola and e-commerce marketplace Snapdeal.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.