7th Pay Commission: DA, bonus fail to calm government employees in this state as protests continue over critical demands

Nov 04, 2018, 09:05 AM IST
GPlus

7th Pay Commission: The demands for salary hikes, dearness allowance, Diwali bonus have been generating a lot of hype around the subject of income of government servants and this has resulted in much profit as some governments have obliged them, even as Centre is still mum on what its policy will be going forward. Having said that, a Finance Ministry source had told Zee Business that the plan is ready and all that is to be done is to make the announcement, which will be coming soon, but no date has been set due to a number of events including elections.

Over the last few days, however, there have been other states that have come into the news over the issue of 7th pay commission related issues. Around 15 lakh Uttar Pradesh government employees today woke up to the good news of a pay hike. The state government has okayed the proposal relating to their DA and Diwali bonus. While that has come as a good Diwali gift that would be very welcome, however, lakhs of other state government employees are continuing to protest against the government's pension move.

1/5

7th Pay Commission: DA and Bonus

7th Pay Commission: DA and Bonus

7th Pay Commission in Uttar Pradesh: The DA has been hiked from 7 per cent to 9 per cent, an increase of 2 per cent. The government has also announced a bonus of Rs 7,000 for the employees. (PTI Photo)

GPlus
2/5

7th Pay Commission: Non-Gazetted Staffs to Benefit

7th Pay Commission: Non-Gazetted Staffs to Benefit

7th Pay Commission: As many as 14 lakh Non-gazetted employees will get Rs 6,908 as a bonus before Diwali. The UP government will deposit 25 per cent of the bonus in the employees' account and the rest 75 per cent in their PF account.

GPlus
3/5

7th Pay Commission: Contract Staff too Get Bonus

7th Pay Commission: Contract Staff too Get Bonus

7th Pay Commission: Around 35 thousand contract workers of UP Roadways will get an advanced salary of Rs 2,000 each. The decision has been taken by the controller of finance of the department. Photo: IANS

GPlus
4/5

7th Pay Commission: Pension Woes Continue

7th Pay Commission: Pension Woes Continue

7th Pay Commission: Lakhs of Uttar Pradesh government employees have been demanding the restoration of the old pension scheme instead of the NPS. Even in Tamil Nadu, the employees have been demanding the same. While the Tamil Nadu CM Edappadi K Palaniswami has said that reverting to the old scheme is not possible, the UP CM Yogi Adityanath is yet to speak his mind.

GPlus
5/5

7th Pay Commission: Employees Threaten Boycott

7th Pay Commission: Employees Threaten Boycott

7th Pay Commission: One of the UP government employees unions spearheading the protest has said that if the government fails to accept their demands, the employees will boycott the poll duty assigned to them. 

GPlus

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close