7th Pay Commission Latest News: Diwali bonus for 14.82 lakh government employees to brighten festival

7th Pay Commission Latest News: As the festival of lights is just on the doorstep, lakhs of government employees have received the Diwali 2020 bonus. The Uttar Pradesh Government has decided to give its 14,82,187 strong workforce, a festival bonus. The state government employees have received a bonus equivalent to their 30-day salary

ZeeBiz WebTeam | Nov 06, 2020, 05:10 PM IST

7th Pay Commission Latest News: As the festival of lights is just on the doorstep, lakhs of government employees have received the Diwali 2020 bonus. The Uttar Pradesh Government has decided to give its 14,82,187 strong workforce, a festival bonus. The state government employees have received a bonus equivalent to their 30-day salary. Pic Credit: PTI 

1/4

75 per cent will go to the PF 

The bonus declared per employee is Rs 6908> Around 75 per cent of this amount will directly go into the General Provident Fund (GPF) accounts of the employees while the remaining 25 per cent share that is Rs 1727 will be paid in cash. The entire exercise is expected to cost Rs 1022.75 cr to the state exchequer. Pic Credit: PTI 

2/4

Announcement comes as a surprise 

Amid the pandemic when the state finances are already stretched, this comes as a surprise package for the employees. The government employees are elated after the announcement was made by the Chief Minister. Pic Credit: PTI 

3/4

Non-gazetted employees to gain:  

All non-gazetted state government employees including, employees of the state government departments including daily wagers are likely to gain from this. Pic Credit: Pixabay

4/4

Amount to be given as NSC  

Like the previous year, the 75 per cent amount will be deposited in GPF. While the remaining 25 per cent will be given in cash. Employees who do not have the GPF account will be given money in the form of NSC or the amount will be deposited in PPF accounts. Employees who have retired on 31 March, 2020 or those who are retiring on 30 April 2021 will get the bonus amount in cash. Pic Credit: Pixabay