- Atal Pension Yojana rule change: Big setback for taxpayers - know how it will impact your savings
- Home loans, EMIs to get more expensive: Now, this PSU bank hikes interest rates by .20%
- Mask mandatory in Delhi as Covid-19 cases rise again: Check new rules and penalty
- US inflation data: Break on 40-year peak, global markets rally - key highlights
- Microsoft layoffs 2022: IT giant sacks around 200 more employees as recession fears rise
Want to check your PF balance online? Follow these easy steps
One can check the PF balance anytime with the help of various modes like Umang App, EPFO portal, EPFO app, SMS, or by just giving a missed call. checking the provident fund balance has become much easier now with just a few clicks.
Employee Provident Fund (EPF) is a social security scheme for employees wherein those earning more than Rs 15,000 per month contribute a portion of their salary towards the fund as savings. At the same time, it acts as a backup plan which can be used at an hour of need. One can check the PF balance anytime with the help of various modes like Umang App, EPFO portal, EPFO app, SMS, or by just giving a missed call. checking the provident fund balance has become much easier now with just a few clicks.
Here's how you can check your PF/EPF balance online:
A. The EPFO Website Method: To check ones EPF account balance on the Employee Provident Fund Organization website, the employee should make sure that their employer has activated their Universal Account Number (UAN). The UAN is unique for all the employees that fall under the EPF scheme.
If your UAN is activated, then follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Go to the EPFO portal ie. www.epfindia.gov.in
2. Click on the tab which reads ‘Our Services’.
3. Choose the option that reads 'for employees', in the drop-down menu.
4. Click on the Services
5. Select the option of 'member passbook' under the dropdown.
6. After this, a login page will be displayed. Enter your UAN and password.
7. Post this step, you will get access to your EPF account and can check your account balance.
B. The UMANG App Method: The UMANG application is a one-stop government app wherein the citizen can get access to all the government public schemes which includes EPFO. One can check their EPF account details through this app as well. Make sure your UAN is activated and that your mobile number is registered.
1. Download UMANG app on your mobile device
2. Open the app
3. Click on EPFO option
4. Select Employee Centric services from the options
5. Click on View Passbook.
6. A pop up will appear asking for your UAN. Enter the UAN.
7. An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP.
8. Post entering the OTP, one can get access to their PF account details.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.