SBIonline: This is how you can register for SBI net banking
SBIonline: Earlier, it was not possible as customers willing to register for SBI net banking had to visit their nearby bank branch to submit details through physical presence.
SBIonline: If you have a savings account with State Bank of India (SBI), the largest lender in the country, you can avail internet banking facility, which will provide you access not only to your account but will also allow you to perform various other transactions. Those having a savings account with the SBI can now register for net banking without visiting the bank branch by registering them with the SBI website.
Earlier, it was not possible as customers willing to register for SBI net banking had to visit their nearby bank branch to submit details through physical presence. Joint account holders are not eligible to register for SBI net banking with the online registration process, and they still need to visit the bank branch.
If you want to register yourself with the SBI net banking portal, you need to have an active mobile number linked with the bank account and an active ATM-cum-debit card. Now follow these steps given below to register yourself.
1. You should first select ‘New User Activation/Registration’ on SBI website, www.onlinesbi.com, and click on ‘Ok’ to continue if you have not applied for the net banking from the bank branch.
2. Now select ‘New User Registration’ and click on ‘Next’ to enter requisite details including your bank account number, CIF number, registered mobile number with the bank, bank branch code, and finally click to ‘Submit’.
3. You will be required to select the facilities you need under the net banking.
4. Once you submit all the details, a one-time password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number.
5. Click on ‘Confirm’ after entering the OTP and then select the option ‘I have my ATM card (Online registration without branch visit)’ and click on submit. Now, enter ATM-cum-debit card details, captcha code to proceed further.
6. You will receive a temporary username which you can use for creating login password. Create eight character password, according to the suggestion given there and then login with the temporary username and password to create a new username.
7. Now select the check-box to accept the SBI's internet banking terms and conditions and click on submit.
— Zee Business (@ZeeBusiness) July 3, 2019
8. You will have to create a new login password and profile password, select a secret question and provide an answer which is required for verification purposes if you forget password or username in future.
9. You should now enter your date of birth, registered mobile number, country of birth and click on submit.
10. With this final step, all your details and settings will be saved and you are provided with facility to go ahead with SBI net banking.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.