- AMC Sector: Growth-oriented funds lead the strong inflows in sector, says BK Securities – check key triggers
- Q1FY23 Preview: Pharmaceutical firms likely to deliver subdued performance in domestic market, says Nirmal Bang
- Chemical sector may report growth in operating profit both sequentially and YoY in Q1FY23 – Check details here
- Finance Ministry empanels 12 transaction advisers for assisting in implementation of Public Private Partnership projects
- Stock market on Monday: Market may continue its volatile trade, believes Anil Singhvi - crude, rupee movement key monitorable
SBI online transactions: How to open State Bank of India account at onlinesbi from home
Online SBI is an internet banking facility provided by State Bank of India or SBI to its customers. It offers many online facilities like opening a savings bank account, public provident fund (PPF), linking of PAN card, among others.
Online SBI is an internet banking facility provided by State Bank of India or SBI to its customers. It offers many online facilities like opening a savings bank account, public provident fund (PPF), linking of PAN card, among others. The customers who have subscribed to State Bank of India's internet banking facility can access these facilities on SBI's official website - onlinesbi.com from home, without physically visiting the bank branch. They can also open a savings bank account, access information on account balance, request a fund transfer, apply for a new cheque book and set up a recurring deposit.
However, to make use of this facility and avail any of the services mentioned above, the customers need to have a SBI savings bank account. This can be done by visiting a State Bank of India branch and registering for internet banking service. After the registration, the customers are given a "Pre Printed Kit", which contains a username and a password. These details are need to log in to the portal.
However, not everyone is in the position to collect this in person. The bank's website states that for such individuals it will send a username through SMS and a mailer containing password to your registered address. The bank also allows users to open a savings bank account online.
Here is the complete process -
1. Go to the official website of State Bank of India - onlinesbi.com
2. Look for the link that says 'Online SB Account Application' and click on it.
3. Download the registration form from State Bank of India website and submit it at the nearest branch.
4. The process will be completed after your details are verified and authenticated by the branch.
The account can be opened by any Indian resident above 18 years of age with an Aadhaar card and PAN card. You can also convert it into a joint account later by visiting the bank branch. The bank issues a personalised debit card to the account holder at the time of opening the account. You can also check your account balance by visiting the State Bank of India website.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.