SBI Online: How to register for retail internet banking; step by step guide
SBI Customers who have been provided with the Internet Banking Preprinted Kit by their branch need not to register online for net banking.
SBI Internet Banking: With over 42 crore customers, State Bank of India is the largest public sector bank in the country. A customer can register for the SBI retail internet banking online by just sitting at home. Now customers having at least one account can register online for retail Internet banking facility. However, those who have been provided with the Internet Banking Preprinted Kit by their branch need not register online. An alert message in the Login page advises them to use the credentials in the Preprinted Kit (PPK) to login to Internet Banking.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to register for net banking online:
* On the OnlineSBI home page, in Personal banking section, click the New User Registration link.
* An alert message in the Login page will ask you to login using the credentials if you have the preprinted Kit (PPK).
* Click OK in the Alert Message Box.
* You are displayed a user-driven registration form as shown in this screen.
* Enter your account number as displayed in your passbook
* Enter the CIF number which is available in your Passbook/ account statement
* Enter the branch code as displayed in your passbook. If you do not know the branch code click the Get Branch Code link to retrieve the branch code based on the location and branch name.
* Select your country.
* Enter the mobile number registered in your branch
* Select the Internet banking facility you require: Full or Limited Transaction Rights / View Rights
* Enter the Captcha code and click Submit
* You are displayed a form to enter the OTP received in your mobile number.
* Enter the OTP and click Confirm
* You are displayed options to complete the registration.
* If you have an ATM card, you can complete the registration and activate Internet banking services for your account.
* Select the ATM Card option and click Submit Note: If You do not have an ATM card, Internet banking services will be activated by the branch.
* You are displayed a temporary username.
* Make note of the username.
* Create a login password. Ensure that it is 8 characters long and is a combination of upper and lower case alphabets, and contains at least one number and one special character.
Watch This Zee Buiness Video
* Reenter the password to confim.
* Click Submit.
* Registration is successful.
* You are advised to login to Internet banking services with the temporary username and password.
* Click the Login button in the Personal banking Section of the Home Page
* In the login form enter the temporary username.
* Enter the login password and click Login
* Create a username of your choice to override the temporary username.
* Select the checkbox to accept the Internet banking terms and conditions and click the Submit button.
* Set a new login password as a combination of alphabets, number and special characters at least 8 characters long.
* Set a profile password
* Reenter the profile password to confirm.
* Select a hint question for your profile from a choice of common questions.
* Enter the answer for the hint question.
* Enter your date of birth, place and country of birth.
* Enter your mobile number as registered in branch records while opening the account.
* Your profile password and personal details are saved and you will be displayed a confirmation page. Click OK.
Now you are ready to use your SBI net banking. However, if you are still unable to perform transactions, you will have to visit your branch to get the issues resolved.