- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
SBI Online: Account opening benefits, process explained
SBI account opening: You can open an account with the State Bank of India online within a few minutes.
SBI account opening: You can open an account with the State Bank of India online within a few minutes. The account can be opened by any resident Indian desirous of opening a Small and Basic Savings Bank Account with any branch of State Bank of India. You can open an account jointly, with up to two applicants. All you need to do is fill up and submit the required details online. Following this, print the account opening form (AOF) on A4 size white papers. Further, attach the required documents - photographs, proof of identity and address which you have mentioned in the AOF. The bank's website will generate an SCRN (Small Customer Reference Number). You should note it down. The SCRN will also be sent to you on the registered mobile number of the applicant(s).
There are twin benefits of opening the SBI account online. First, you can fill the AOF at your convenience. Also, the fields that can be validated are checked for errors. Second, the process is quick. The online process reduces the time taken for the opening of the account at the branch as the data is already available in the system.
What you need to provide:
- KYC (Know Your Customer) information; Information about the Savings Bank account you want to open and the facilities you would want in the account; Form 60, if you do not have Permanent Account Number (PAN) of Income Tax; Form DA-1 (optional), if you wish to make a nomination (This is highly recommended.
Where to apply: You can start the account opening process at https://oaa.onlinesbi.com/sao/onlineaccapp.htm
- Two Recent passport-size coloured photographs.
- KYC documents mentioned in the AOF.
- In case you have given photocopies, you will need to produce the original documents for verification when you visit our branch.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.