SBI FASTag: Know how to avail it, documents required, other benefits
SBI FASTag is a device that employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid or savings account linked to it.
If you own a vehicle and have to make toll payments then you can opt for SBI FASTag as it is a device that employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid or savings account linked to it.
The device is affixed on the windscreen of your vehicle and enables you to drive through toll plazas, without stopping for cash transactions. The tag can be purchased from Tag issuers and if it is linked to the prepaid account, then you need to recharge/ top up the tag as per your requirement.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
How can you get a SBI FASTag?
As per the information provided by SBI, a customer can approach any SBI PoS location in the country and with valid KYC documents and vehicle RC copy along with the originals for verifications purposes, the customer can open his/her account in two categories:
1. Limited KYC holder’s account, at any given point of time, this type of SBI FASTag account cannot have more than Rs 10,000 in their FASTag (Prepaid) account. The monthly reload limit is also capped to Rs 10,000.
2. Full KYC Holders account, at any given point of time, this type of SBI FASTag account cannot have more than Rs 1 Lakh in their FASTag (prepaid) account. There is no monthly reload cap in this account.
What are the documents required to avail SBI FASTag?
The documents are divided into two parts:
1. Limited KYC holder’s account: RC copy of the vehicle, ID and address proof. Photo of the customer.
2. Full KYC Holders account: RC Copy of the vehicle, ID and address proof, photo of the Customer.
Features of SBI FASTag:
1. Cashless payment- SBI FASTag users do not need to carry cash for toll transactions, and do not need to worry about collecting the exact change.
2. Faster transit- Auto-debit of exact amount through the SBI FASTag enables faster transit through the toll plazas and saves time.
3. Online recharge- SBI FASTag can be recharged online through Credit Card / Debit Card / Net banking/ IMPS etc.
4. SMS alerts- Instant SMS alerts on registered mobile number for toll transactions, low balance, etc.
Also, a customer may create personnel Tag account by registering online, and can have the facility of topping up the FASTag account through online modes i.e credit card, debit card, internet banking etc.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.