At SBI, PNB and more, get new RuPay JCB Global Credit Card; on offer, 30% cashback on transactions!
This credit card can be used at RuPay card accepting points in India and JCB card accepting points outside India for both POS and bank ATM.
To enhance its overseas presence, the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) strengthened its position through a deal inked with JCB International Company Ltd. (JCBI) through which it has launched all-new RuPay JCB Global Credit Cards. This card can be used at RuPay card accepting points in India and JCB card accepting points outside India for both POS and bank ATM.This would be first ever JCB brand card issued in India.
Lenders like State Bank of India (SBI), Punjab National Bank (PNB), Axis Bank, Union Bank of India, Central Bank of India, Andhra Bank, City Union Bank, TJSB Bank, and many more banks will issue RuPay-JCB Global Cards.
In the launch ceremony held today, Dilip Asbe, MD & CEO, NPCI said, “NPCI-JCB collaboration is one of the most valued alliance for our home-grown credit card network, RuPay. Our relationship allows RuPay JCB Global Card holders to use their cards at tens of millions of locations in the world. The cardholder will enjoy facilities like JCB Lounges in the airports of China, Japan, Hawai, Dubai, Singapore, Hongkong, Bangkok & Korea. With this initiative, both the companies will continue to provide high value service to our customers, especially the outbound Indian travelers.”
Brand Retention | 82% of existing Lava users likely to purchase next smartphone from same brand: Report
Assembly Poll Results 2023: How to check election result on mobile using Voter Helpline app | Step-by-Step Guide
D-Street Newsmakers: Flair Writing, New India Assurance, Ashok Leyland among 10 stocks that hogged limelight today
While, Ichiro Hamakawa, Chairman and CEO, JCB Co., Ltd. and, JCB International Co., Ltd. said, “We very much appreciate our valuable partnership with NPCI who continues to make massive strides in moving India towards a truly digital payment state. I am sure that the RuPay/JCB Global Card will enrich the customers’ payment experience immensely, with the rapid growth of Indian outbound travellers."
Following the enablement of POS terminals and ATMs in India for incoming foreign JCB card members in 2017, both parties have entered into the second phase of the strategic partnership with this launch to serve the need of increasing outbound Indian travellers.
As a launch campaign, NPCI and JCBI jointly offer a special cashback program where the credit card members can get cashback of 15% for POS transactions outside India. Additional 15% (total 30%) in selected popular destinations for Indian travellers: Thailand, Singapore and UAE with terms and conditions apply.
Further, JCB provides international services such as in-city credit card member lounges, called JCB Plaza Lounge, in USA, France, Taiwan, Korea, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore as well as JCB Plaza in Japan and round the year merchant promotions all over the world.