Provident Fund Update: Is there a mistake in your PF account? Here is how to correct it
Provident Fund Update: If you are a salaried employee, chances are that a part of your salary will be going towards provident fund. The service allows salaried employees to save their money, let it grow and even save tax on the amount earned.
Provident Fund Update: If you are a salaried employee, chances are that a part of your salary will be going towards provident fund. The service allows salaried employees to save their money, let it grow and even save tax on the amount earned. At the same time, Employee’s Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) also allows its subscribers to correct mistakes in their PF account. This means that the PF members can make corrections in their name, date of birth and other details in the EPFO record online.
Provident Fund: How to correct mistake in PF account
1. Go to the official website of EPFO.
2. Log in using UAN and password.
3. Click on Manage and select Modify Basic Details.
4. If you have verified Aadhaar, the details will be same as in the card and can't be edited.
5. If not, edit the details to enter correct information.
6. Click on Update Details and submit it for approval.
WATCH Zee Business TV LIVE Streaming Online -
7. The details have to be approved by the employer and will start reflecting on the portal.
8. The request will then appear as a task in the login of EPFO official of the concerned EPFO office.
9. The office can log in and view the online requests by clicking on Member and selecting Details Change Request.
10. After verification, the official will submit recommendations to section supervisor.
11. The APFC/RPFC can approve or reject the modification request. This is the last step.
Apart from this, the process can also be completed offline. For this, employee and employer are required to submit a joint request to the concerned EPFO field office. The offline process requires more work and can be time consuming.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.