Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidh: Are members of Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha with landholding up to 2 hectares ELIGIBLE to AVAIL PM KISAN benefits? Check details
The Scheme is being implemented through an Aadhaar linked electronic database containing details of all members of the families of the farmers whose names appear in the land records.
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM KISAN) scheme was launched with the view to supplement the earnings of small and medium categories farmers. This scheme coupled with the Digital India initiative has made it possible to reach the PM KISAN benefits to 12 crore farmers in the country.
The Government launched the Central Sector Scheme- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) to provide financial assistance of up to Rs 6,000 annually to small and marginalised farmers across the country.
These are the people who can’t avail the PM Kisam benefits:The following categories of beneficiaries of higher economic status shall not be eligible for benefit under the scheme; All Institutional Landholders; and Farmer families in which one or more of its members belong to following categories:
1) Former and present holders of constitutional posts
2) Former and present Ministers / State Ministers and former / present Members of Lok Sabha / Rajya Sabha / State Legislative Assemblies / State Legislative Councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
3) All serving or retired officers and employees of Central / State Government Ministries / Offices / Departments and their field units, Central or State PSEs and Attached offices / Autonomous Institutions under government as well as regular employees of the local bodies (excluding multi-tasking staff / Class IV / Group D employees)
4) All superannuated / retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs 10,000/- or more (excluding multi-tasking staff / Class IV / Group D employees)
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
5) All persons who paid Income Tax in the last assessment year.
6) Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices.
In case of new beneficiaries being uploaded on the PM-KISAN Portal, all landholding farmers’ families who are non-resident Indians (NRIs) in terms of the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961 shall be excluded from any benefit under the Scheme.
Last month, Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the 9th instalment of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. Over Rs 19,500 crore was transferred directly into the accounts of more than 9.75 crore beneficiary farmer families on 9th August 2021.
The financial benefit of Rs 6,000 per year is to be released to the eligible farmers in three instalments of Rs 2,000 each every 4-month / trimester, i.e. April-July, August-November and December-March.
The Scheme is being implemented through an Aadhaar linked electronic data base containing details of all members of the families of the farmers whose names appear in the land records.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.