PNB account holder? Is your debit card not working at ATMs? See what bank says
Many times PNB debit card doesn't work properly at the ATMs, be it of PNB or some other bank's ATM.
With over 100 million customers, Punjab National Bank is one of India's leading public sector banks. The bank issues four types of debit cards based on the customers' requirement and profile. However, many times the Debit card doesn't work properly at the ATMs, be it of PNB ATM or some other bank's ATM. The bank has also been receiving complaints in this regard. The bank has listed some key reasons for non-functioning of the Debit cards at ATMs. If your debit card is also not working properly at ATMs, any number of reasons could be behind it as per the bank.
1. Why your PNB debit card may not work at ATMs
* You may be using the card before the expiry of 24 working hours of receipt of the card from the branch, the time required for activation of the card.
* In case you have received the card through the call centre, you have not sent the required documents (application form and proof of identity) to HO.
* You may not have swiped the card properly. Try 2 to 3 times.
* The quality of the magnetic stripe of your card has been damaged/deteriorated due to which it is not accepted by any ATM where the card reader may be weak. In such a case you may try at another nearby ATM and if still does not work, get it replaced by a new one from PNB branch free of cost.
* Your account may be inoperative or frozen at branch level due to some reason. Please contact your branch to know the account status.
* You may be using a wrong PIN.
* You might have selected the wrong account type i.e. savings instead of current or vice-versa.
* Connectivity from the ATM to your branch has failed. In such case please try after some time or use another ATM nearby.
Also, there are customers whose debit card works successfully at PNB ATMs but not on other bank's ATMs. This could be due to connectivity failure at other bank ATM to PNB. You can try after some time when connectivity is restored. Alternately you may try another ATM nearby. However, if it keeps happening, you may contact your branch to get the card replaced.
In another instance, it is possible that your PNB debit card will be working at any ATMs but not at POS terminals. This could happen due to any of the following reasons:
2. Why your PNB debit card may not work at PoS
* Connectivity failure at that particular time.
* Weak card reader of POS.
* Magnetic stripe of the card deteriorated/damaged.
* It may be a Maestro Card (PIN-based).
Watch This Zee Business Video
If none of these are true in your case, then you may get your card replaced with the latest EMV cards free of cost.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.