PF Status: How to check your provident fund balance through Umang App
Employees’ Provident Fund or EPF is one of the most popular investment options in India due to its fixed returns and lower risk involved. It is a government established savings scheme for employees of the organised sector.
Employees’ Provident Fund or EPF is one of the most popular investment options in India due to its fixed returns and lower risk involved. It is a government established savings scheme for employees of the organised sector. EPF is managed by EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organisation) which also sets the interest rate every year, currently this has been pegged at 8.65 percent. If you are a salaried employee, chances are that a major part of your income is going towards EPF.
While the EPF subscribers are informed about their provident fund balance through SMS, email and other modes, its easy to miss these updates with the amount of media being exchanged these days. To open the website and check the balance can be too time-consuming.
WATCH | How to make TikTok videos
An alternate option to this is the Umang app - the centralised mobile app of the government - which allows you to check the provident fund balance. The app can be downloaded from Google Play Store or App Store. Here is how to check provident fund balance through Umang App -
1. Download the Umang app from Google Play Store and App Store.
2. Open the app and select EPFO.
3. Tap on the 'Employee Centric Services.'
4. Tap on 'View Passbook' to check your EPF balance.
5. Enter UAN and click on Get OTP.
6. You will receive the OTP on the registered mobile number.
7. Enter OTP and tap on 'login.'
8. Select the member ID to check the balance.
9. Your passbook will be displayed on the screen along with your EPF balance.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.