PAN verification: No need not visit income tax office, complete process from home; here's how
This significant financial document is also required when you seek to open a bank account, filing tax, booking tickets, besides being mandatory for purchasing anything worth over Rs 50,000.
For your financial transactions, Permanent Account Number (PAN) holds a significance and you need this crucial document while taking a home loan, buying a car, or taking personal loan. This significant financial document is also required when you seek to open a bank account, filing tax, booking tickets, besides being mandatory for purchasing anything worth over Rs 50,000.
Because of all such reasons, PAN Card verification is a mandatory, and if you want to do it, just follow a simple online procedure to accomplish it. With online verification facility, PAN card holders need not physically visit the income tax office. They can easily do it through the Income Tax Department's e-filing website.
We here let you know about three modes for online verification for PAN Cards:
1. File-Based PAN Card verification can be done by organisations or the government that wish to verify up to 1,000 PAN cards at a time.
2. Through screen-Based PAN Card verification service, you can verify up to 5 PAN Cards at a time.
3. Under the Software (API)-Based PAN Card verification process, you can verify your PAN online through the website.
You can follow the process given below to verify your PAN online:
With online verification facility, you can verify your PAN card without physically visiting the income tax office.
1. You should visit the Income Tax Department e-filing website - https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and login
2. Now go to Profile Settings and then at "My Profile" to view your details
3. Enter details including your full name, date of birth along with your PAN number
Watch Zee Business Live TV
4. Now enter the status of your PAN card whether it is an individual, company, Hindu Undivided Family, etc.
5. After completing it, insert the captcha code shown on the portal and submit
6. You will now see your PAN card in the verification status
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.