OnlineSBI: You can activate ATM, debit card from home; here is how
ATM cards have become an important part of the banking system across the country. Almost every bank issues an ATM card at the time of opening a new bank account and it can be used at Automated teller machines to withdraw money.
ATM cards have become an important part of the banking system across the country. Almost every bank issues an ATM card at the time of opening a new bank account and it can be used at Automated teller machines to withdraw money. Just like any other bank, State Bank of India (SBI) too offers different types of ATM cards for you. These cards can also be used to purchase goods at merchant establishments and for making online payments, apart from cash withdrawal. According to a video tutorial shared by SBI on its website, you can activate your SBI ATM card online at bank's offical website - onlinesbi.com.
This means that you don't need to visit the bank branch or ATM to enable the newly-received card. The process can be completed by simply logging in to State Bank of India (SBI) internet banking portal. All you need is the 16-digit ATM number along with other details to use this facility.
Here is a step-by-step guide to complete this process on onlinesbi.com:
1. Log in to the official website of State Bank of India using username and password issued to the customer by the bank.
2. Once logged in, you need to access the "ATM Card Services" option under the "e-Services" section on onlineSBI.
3. The section has multiple options. You need to click on "ATM Card Services" link and open that section.
4. Select the account from which the ATM card was issued. If you only have one account, it would be pre-selected.
5. Enter the 16-digit ATM card number twice in the given fields, and click on "Activate".
After this, you will be asked to verify details such as account type and branch location - displayed on the screen by the internet banking portal, and confirm by clicking on "Confirm". A security password called "high security password" will sent to your registered mobile number by SBI.
This security password has to be submitted by the user in the given field. After entering the same, the customer may proceed by clicking on "Confirm". This would activate the ATM card. A confirmation of the same will be given by SBI with the message: "ATM card has been activated successfully."
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.