New Rs 200 currency notes coming soon, says RBI! This will be the big difference
The Reserve Bank of India is set to introduce new Rs 200 currency notes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series soon. In a notification released on April 23, RBI said that the new notes will be similar to the Rs 200 banknotes that are already in circulation.
The Reserve Bank of India is set to introduce new Rs 200 currency notes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series soon. In a notification released on April 23, RBI said that the new notes will be similar to the Rs 200 banknotes that are already in circulation. The big difference will be that the new notes will bear the signature of RBI governor Shaktikanta Das. The Reserve Bank also clarified that the notes already issued by it will remain legal tender.
"The Reserve Bank of India will shortly issue ₹ 200 denomination Banknotes in Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series bearing the signature of Shri Shaktikanta Das, Governor. The design of these notes is similar in all respects to ₹ 200 banknotes in Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series. All banknotes in the denomination of ₹ 200 issued by the Reserve Bank in the past will continue to be legal tender," the RBI notification read.
In another notification, it announced that new Rs 500 currency notes with Das' signature would also be issued soon.
Watch Zee Business live TV Streaming below -
The Rs 200 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series were issued by the RBI on August 25, 2017. They had the signature of the then RBI governor Urjit Patel. The notes have Motif of Sanchi Stupa on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage. The base colour of the note is Bright Yellow. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse.
Here are the salient features of Rs 200 currency notes:
1. See through register with denominational numeral 200
2. Latent image with denominational numeral 200
3. Denominational numeral २०० in Devnagari
4. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre
5. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत’, ‘India’ and ‘200’
6. Windowed security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI with colour shift. Colour of the thread changes from green to blue when the note is tilted
7. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait
8. Denominational numeral with Rupee Symbol, ₹ 200 in colour changing ink (green to blue) on bottom right
9. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
10. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (200) watermarks
11. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side
12. For visually impaired
Intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, raised Identification mark H with micro-text ₹ 200, four angular bleed lines with two circles in between the lines both on the right and left sides
13. Year of printing of the note on the left
14. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
15. Language panel
16. Motif of Sanchi Stupa
17. Denominational numeral २०० in Devnagari
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.