National Pension System: How to open NPS account online from home
While saving money, you should always make sure that a part of income goes towards investment. These investments help you deal with inflation and build a corpus for retirement. One such instrument available to all is the National Pension System or NPS.
While saving money, you should always make sure that a part of income goes towards investment. These investments help you deal with inflation and build a corpus for retirement. One such instrument available to all is the National Pension System or NPS. This is a pension scheme launched by the government of India. The scheme is designed in a way that it provides security in old age. A NPS account can be opened by any citizen in India between the ages of 18 to 65 years. While most people would know about the offline procedure, you can also open a NPS account online from your home itself. All you need to have is your PAN card and bank account details.
How to open NPS account online?
- Go to the eNPS portal- enps.nsdl.com.
- Under the NPS section, you will find option of registration and contribution, as well as activation of a Tier 2 account.
- Click on 'registration' option.
- Enter your status, PAN and bank details and select 'continue'.
- Enter your personal and identity details on the new page.
- Upload a scanned photograph along with a signature (in image form) online.
- You will be redirected to a payment gateway for making payment for an NPS account.
Once the payment is made, you will be allotted a Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN). This has to be sent to the Central Recordkeeping Agency in complete form within 30 days. In case you fail to do so, the identification number will be frozen.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.