Lost or damaged your SBI ATM cum debit card? Here is how to block it
They have been designed to make your life easier, but ATM cum debit cards can be used to loot your hard-earned money, if they fall in the wrong hands. They can be used to complete unauthorised transactions or access your bank account details.
They have been designed to make your life easier, but ATM cum debit cards can be used to loot your hard-earned money, if they fall in the wrong hands. They can be used to complete unauthorised transactions or access your bank account details. This is why it is advised to block your debit card as soon as you realise that it is lost or damaged. Thankfully, country's largest lender, State Bank of India or SBI allows its customers to complete the process with ease. The same can be done through a phone call or SMS.
How to block SBI ATM cum debit card via SMS?
- Send an SMS from your registered mobile number as 'BLOCK<space>last four digits of the card to 567676.
- You request will be assessed and accepted.
- Once accepted, a confirmatory SMS alert with ticket number, date and the time of blocking will be sent on your registered mobile number.
WATCH Zee Business TV LIVE Streaming Online -
How to block SBI ATM cum debit card via call?
- Call on State Bank of India's toll-free number 18004253800 or 1800112211.
- The interactive voice response system (IVRS) will guide you through the process to block the card.
Once blocked, you can apply for a new SBI ATM cum debit card through four ways - website, mobile app, official id or helpline number.
SBI cuts lending rates
In a separate development, SBI has reduced its one-year MCLR (Marginal Cost of Funds based Lending Rate) by 10 bps. The one year SBI MCLR comes down to 7.90 per cent per annum from 8.0 per cent per annum with effect from 10th December 2019. This is the eighth consecutive cut in MCLR in FY 2019-20.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.