LIC Insurance Policy holders alert! BIG WARNING for you - Must know this to save your hard-earned money
One must be careful if one receives any call from a person who claims to be an LIC or IRDAI official and offer alluring benefits, there are high chances that these calls might be fake.
LIC Fake Call: There is a warning out for the people who are life insurance policy holders, as well as for those who are not life insurance policy holders. One must be careful if one receives any call from a person who claims to be an LIC or IRDAI official and offer alluring benefits, there are high chances that these calls might be fake.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Recently, LIC India Forever twitted an warning about the fake calls from its official Twitter handle. It stated there, "Beware of phone calls from people posing as LIC or IRDAI officials or agents offering alluring benefits." The LIC has also issued notification on its website to warn people from these spurious calls.
LIC has informed that it does not share bonus information with the policyholders through phone calls. Also, LIC never encourages policyholders to discontinue their existing policy/policies.
The Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has also issued certain Dos and Don'ts in this respect. The Dos are as follows:
1) One must verify the correctness of policy information through the official website of LIC at licindia.in or contact any nearest LIC branch
2) The individual is requested to register a police complaint along with details of phone number with the police station in the jurisdiction.
3) Also, one is advised to report suspicious calls with brief particulars of the call through e-mail to email@example.com
Here is a list of Don'ts in this context:
1) An individual is advised not to entertain calls from unverified sources.
2) One must not entertain a caller, if the person is persuading to surrender the policy.
3) One must not get tempted by exaggerated promises regarding benefits of LIC policies.
4) Those who offer extra bonuses and higher benefits must not be entertained.
5) One must not disclose the policy details and other information to any caller.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.