Keep your money safe from hackers! Follow these 7 tips while using net banking
Though internet has made lives of people much easier and convenient, but tech revolution has also brought in a dark side with it - hackers intent on stealing your money.
Digitization of banking has made its way into people's daily routine. The increasing dependency on smartphones and internet has compelled users to consume banking services on internet too. Though internet has made lives of people much easier and convenient, but tech revolution has also brought in a dark side with it - hackers intent on stealing your money. Their jobs become easier as sometimes, people forget to use safety measures while carrying out online banking.
However the good news is that it is possible to remain safe on internet while using banking services. There are certain tips which can keep bank account holders safe during sending or receiving money in your account.
Here are 7 tips to use net banking safely as a customer:
1. Do not share your details with anyone: Avoid sharing your personal details like name, mobile number, bank name or date of birth, Aadhaar card, PAN card with someone you don't know. These are the details which can be useful to crack your password.
2. Do not use public computers to log into your account: One should never use public computers for the usage of banking services as they are highly vulnerable to hacking. These computers are used by thousands of people and you never know which software might be tracking your username and password details.
3. Change your password regularly: Make this into a habit and change your net-banking password regularly. Make sure you create different passwords each time, and should include numbers, letters and special characters in it.
4. Always use licenced anti-virus software: Using a licensed antivirus software actually helps you create a wall for hackers. Antivirus can block unwanted file downloaded, online hacking links or any other dangerous cyber crime on your system.
5. Type your internet banking URL: Many a times, people tend to type their bank's names on search engines and click on the very first link that comes up. However, doing this can get you into trouble as the link could be fake or a trap for users. Always type the correct banking URL on the URL space to get directed to the authentic web address.
6. Keep checking your savings account regularly: Always keep an eye on your account balance. In case of any unexpected transaction or activity, inform your bank immediately or police.
Net banking services of the banks are highly safe and are not easily vulnerable to hacking activities, however following the above tips can keep you safe from any kind of unwanted activity or cyber crime.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.