- Bajaj Finance Q3FY22 Results: Consolidated PAT up 83% YoY to Rs 2,125 cr; AUM jump 26% to 181 ,250 cr - Key Highlights
- Delhivery gets Sebi's nod to raise Rs 7,460 crore via IPO
- Budget 2022 Expectations: 'Education sector seeks faculty upgradation programmes; subsidised access to laptops and 5G internet'
- Budget 2022: Fertiliser stocks on roll as government mulls to increase Rs 1.4 lakh crore subsidy; scrips gain up to 15%
- AGS Transact Tech IPO: Top 10 things to know before the issue opens on January 19
'IT Department has taken corrective measures via Managed Service Provider for new e-filing portal'
The Income Tax Department launched the new e-filing portal on June 7, 2021. However, following the launch, there were several complaints about various glitches on the portal.
IT Department e-Filing Portal Glitches: The Income Tax Department launched the new e-filing portal on June 7, 2021. However, following the launch, there were several complaints about various glitches on the portal. On Monday, Pankaj Chaudhury, Minister of State in Ministry of Finance, informed that the IT Department has taken corrective measures through Managed Service Provider for the project, Infosys. One can check the new Income Tax e-filing portal at incometax,gov.in.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Zee Business' Ambarish Pandey reported that Chaudhury has given information on certain factors when asked about the IT e-filing portal. When it was asked if the government has taken any steps for the resolution of the glitches on the e-filing portal, Chaudhury said that the IT Department has taken corrective measures through Managed Service Provider for the project, Infosys, based on feedback from taxpayers, tax professionals and representatives of ICAI. Furthermore, the department is continuously engaged with Infosys to expedite the resolution of the issues raised. Infosys has informed that the technical issues noticed in the functioning of the portal are continuously being resolved.
The new features in the portal include:
1. New taxpayer friendly portal integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers.
2. All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by taxpayer.
3. Taxpayers will be able to proactively update their profile to provide certain details of income including salary, house property, business/profession which will be used in pre-filling their ITR.
It must be noted that the union cabinet gave its approval on January 16, 2019 for the project at the outlay of Rs 4,241.97 crore for a total period of 8.5 years including payout to the Managed Service Provider, GST, rent, postage and project management cost. Since January 2019, till date, the total amount paid to Infosys is Rs 164.5 crore under the project of which Rs 79.53 is for the new portal.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.