Instant PAN: Know the conditions required to be fulfilled to get PAN; check process to apply
The Income Tax Department has made the process of getting PAN hassle free. Now one can get the PAN within 10 minutes without the need of standing in long queues.
The PAN or Permanent Account Number is an important document issued by the Income Tax Department. In view of its wide usage, the department has made the process of getting PAN hassle free. Now one can get the PAN within 10 minutes without the need of standing in long queues. Check how to get it.
The Income Tax Department has launched a new functionality on the e-filing portal which allots a PAN to the assessee on basis of one's Aadhaar Number. This facility can be used by an assessee only if the following conditions are fulfilled:
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
1. He has never been allotted a PAN;
2. His mobile number is linked with his Aadhaar number;
3. His complete date of birth is available on the Aadhaar card; and
4. He should not be a minor on the date of application for PAN.
How to get instant PAN?
1. Go to https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/ and click on the ‘Instant E-PAN’ option mentioned on the home page.
2. Click on 'Get New e-PAN’.
3. Enter the Aadhaar Number.
4. Enter the OTP received on the mobile number linked with the Aadhaar Number.
5. Validate the Aadhaar details.
6. Validate Email-id.
7. Download the e-PAN.
Also, as per the Income Tax Department, getting e-PAN is an easy and paperless process and holds same value as physical PAN Card.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.