Instant PAN: Free of cost! Get in 10 minutes - Here is how you can apply
As per the information provided by the Income Tax Department, getting e-PAN is an easy and paperless process and holds same value as physical PAN Card.
PAN card has become one of the most important documents which every Indian citizen should have. The central government has also made the process of getting a PAN Card simpler and easier as now there is no need to stand in queues for hours to get your PAN, you can get it made within 10 minutes.
PAN is a ten-digit unique alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department and there is no fee or charge required for getting instant PAN Card.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
What is Instant-PAN?
Income Tax Department has launched a new functionality on the e-filing portal which allots a PAN to the assessee on basis of his Aadhaar Number. This facility can be used by an assessee only if the following conditions are fulfilled:
1. He has never been allotted a PAN;
2. His mobile number is linked with his Aadhaar number;
3. His complete date of birth is available on the Aadhaar card; and
4. He should not be a minor on the date of application for PAN.
How to get instant PAN?
1. Go to https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/ and click on the ‘Instant E-PAN’ option mentioned on the home page.
2. Click on 'Get New e-PAN’.
3. Enter the Aadhaar Number.
4. Enter the OTP received on the mobile number linked with the Aadhaar Number.
5. Validate the Aadhaar details.
6. Validate Email-id.
7. Download the e-PAN.
Also, as per the Income Tax Department, getting e-PAN is an easy and paperless process and holds same value as physical PAN Card.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.