How to check if your PAN card is linked with Aadhaar card? Follow these steps
Recently, the Supreme Court upheld the validity of Section 139AA of the Income-Tax Act which makes it mandatory to link PAN card with Aadhaar card for filing I-T returns.
Recently, the Supreme Court upheld the validity of Section 139AA of the Income-Tax Act which makes it mandatory to link PAN card with Aadhaar card for filing I-T returns. If you have not done it yet, you can do so from the Income Tax Department website - incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. You can also check whether your PAN is linked to Aadhaar or not. All the taxpayers need to link their PAN and Aadhaar. The process of linking PAN and Aadhaar is very easy and one can do in a few minutes. To link these two unique numbers, one need not to visit any government department or office. One can do it from the comfort of home. If you have already linked PAN and Aadhaar then you can check the status online through the Income Tax Department official website.
You can check whether your PAN and Aadhaar have been linked by following these steps:
1. You have to visit the Income Tax Department official website - www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
2. You will find "Quick Links" on the left side of the page. Under "Quick Links", click on "Link Aadhaar"
3. When the new page opens, on the top of the Link Aadhaar form you click on "Click here to view status if you have already submitted Link Aadhaar request"
4. You have to put PAN and Aadhaar number in the blank bars.
5. Now click to "View Link Aadhaar Status".
6. If your Aadhaar number is linked to PAN then the page will display a message saying, “Your PAN is linked to Aadhaar number.
Watch this Zee Business video here:
If you have not yet linked your PAN and Aadhaar then you can do so following these steps:
1. Go to the Income Tax Department official website - www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
2. Click on "Link Aadhaar"
3. You have to fill a form with PAN, Aadhaar number, name on Aadhaar card, and captcha and click on "Link Aadhaar" to submit
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.