HDFC Bank Credit Card, Debit Card users alert! Stop misuse - Know how to block it
Credit/Debit card fraud: It becomes important to act fast in these cases and to act fast, you should know the process of blocking your credit/debit card.
HDFC Bank Credit Cards, Debit Card: The cybercrimes like skimming have been on the rise and more and more people are becoming a victim of it. People of metro cities are most prone to these kinds of frauds. When your card gets skimmed and unauthorized withdrawals/transactions take place, then you have only a few minutes to respond as hackers may empty your bank account within 15 minutes by conducting quick multiple transactions. Recently, around 12 people of Delhi have lost as much as Rs 12 lakh in a suspected case of skimming. At the time of the alleged withdrawals, the cards of the users were with them only. They could not get their cards blocked on time as the hackers withdrew money is just 12 to 15 minutes. Thus, it becomes important to act fast in these cases and to act fast, you should know the process of blocking your credit/debit card.
If you are an HDFC Bank Credit/Debit card holder, then below are the methods by which you can get your card blocked:
How to block HDFC Bank Credit Card?
The first thing you should try to block your lost credit card by calling the PhoneBanking number of the bank.
You can also hotlist/block your credit card through net banking. Follow these steps to block your card online:
* Login to NetBanking
* Click on the Credit Cards tab >> Credit Card Hotlisting (in the left panel)
* You will see a list of Credit Cards registered under NetBanking
* Click on the Credit Card you wish to hotlist
* Select the reason for hotlisting
* Select the 'Re-issue' option if you want to have the card reissued.
How to block HDFC Bank Debit Card online?
Just like your credit card, you can also Hotlist/block your Debit Card through Netbanking. Follow these steps:
* Login to NetBanking
* Click on the new Debit Card tab >> Debit Card Hotlisting (in the left-hand panel)
* You will see the list of Debit Cards linked to the account.
* If you have more than one Debit Card linked to your account, select the one you want to block
* Select the reason for hotlisting, click confirm
* You will receive the confirmation that the Card has been hotlisted online.
Watch This Zee Business Video
Though you can block your credit card by any of the methods, you should also know that 'zero liability' clause of your card covers all the fraudulent transactions that incur on your credit card from the date and time of the reporting the loss of the card to the bank.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.