Have debit card for bank ATM? Alert! Fraudsters can steal your money; HDFC Bank says don't do this
Nowadays hackers have come up with ingenious new techniques through which they get unauthorized access to a bank account holder's data and then they carry out fraudulent transactions via bank ATM or other sources.
If you have a debit card or cards and are a regular visitor to a bank ATM, then know this warning by HDFC Bank or risk making a big mistake that will lead fraudsters to steal your money without your finding out. Nowadays hackers have come up with ingenious new techniques through which they get unauthorized access to a bank account holder's data and then they carry out fraudulent transactions via bank ATM or other sources. In an alert for customers, HDFC Bank has announced that bank account holders must not do certain things and thereby ensure they do not lose their money via bank ATM fraud. HDFC Bank shares top tips for bank ATM use that can help prevent an account holder having a debit card from becoming a victim of identity theft or robbery.
12 Steps to Secure Your Bank ATM:
1. Always make sure that you memorize your PIN. Do not write it down your security password anywhere, and certainly never on the card itself.
2. Avoid sharing your PIN or card with anyone including Bank employees, not even your friends or family. Always try to change your PIN on a regular basis.
Mizoram Election Results 2023: Check out date, time of counting of votes, result announcement of 40 Assembly seats
PPF vs VPF vs ELLS Mutual Funds: Options that give you returns and tax benefits in your retirement planning
SBI Fixed Deposit (FD): How much return will you get on Rs 5 lakh investment in 1, 2, 3, 5 and 10 years?
12th Fail Box Office Collection: Vidhu Vinod Chopra-directed movie crosses Rs 50-crore barrier at domestic box office
2023 Exit Polls: Check when and where to view result predictions for Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Mizoram election
3. While processing your transaction make sure you stand close to the ATM machine and use your body and hand to shield the keypad as you enter the PIN.
4. Avoid contact with strangers for using the ATM card or handling your cash.
5. Never conduct any transaction if you find any unusual device connected to your ATM machine near you.
6. Before leaving the ATM room make sure to click the 'Cancel' key and wait for the welcome screen. Make sure you collect your card and transaction slip with you.
7. Shred the transaction slip immediately after its use. Do not throw it in the dustbin in the ATM cabin.
8. If your ATM card is lost or stolen, report it to your bank immediately through visiting a bank or calling on the official call centre of a bank
9. Always make sure to check the credit entry in your account after a couple of days you deposit a cheque or card into your ATM. If there is any discrepancy in your account, report it to your bank immediately.
10. Always register your mobile number with the Bank to get alerts for your transactions.
11. If your card gets stuck in the ATM, or if cash is not dispensed after you keying in a transaction, call your bank.
12. If you have any complaint about your ATM/Debit/Credit card transaction at an ATM, you must take it up with the bank as soon as possible.