Good news for Provident Fund account holders! EPFO launches this CRITICAL facility; here's how to use it
The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has launched an e-nomination facility for the Employees' Provident Fund subscribers. This facility can be used by the members whose Aadhaar is linked to the PF account and have been verified on the service portal of members.
The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has launched an e-nomination facility for the Employees' Provident Fund subscribers. This facility can be used by the members whose Aadhaar is linked to the PF account and have been verified on the service portal of members. Now PF account holder can make any family member a nominee by completing e-nomination in his account. This will benefit the employee in claiming online pension through e-nomination facility. The most important thing is that on e-nomination, the nominee can claim pension online at the time of death of the account holder.
How to use e-nomination?
Members can use the e-nomination facility by logging into their account on EPFO's 'Member Service Portal'. For e-nomination it is necessary that your Universal Account Number (UAN) is activated. Apart from this, it is important to have your photo on the member service portal. Also, you must be linked to UAN Aadhaar and only with Aadhaar linked, will the account be verified through OTP.
What are the rules of e-nomination?
According to EPFO, any provident fund account holder can nominate only his family members for e-nomination. However, if the person does not have a family, then he is allowed to nominate another person as well. However, the nomination will be canceled if the family becomes a nominee. For e-nomination, you will have to upload the scanned photo of Aadhaar number, address, date of birth, mobile number, bank account and nominee on the portal.
What to keep in mind
EPFO issued a circular regarding e-nomination this month. According to the circular, a message will come as soon as the members who have not enrolled have logged into their account to file the e-nomination.
How to file e-nomination?
1) Go to EPFO portal and login. Here you have to enter UAN, password and captcha code.
2) After this, Click on 'View' option in the tab above and upload your photo.
3) Click on the tab of Manage and go to the link e-nomination. Put the name of your nominee here. Here you will be asked if you have a family. If you choose the option of Yes, then you will be asked the details of the family.
4) According to the family members, you can give details of every member by clicking on "Add New button". After filling all the information, click on "Save Family Details".
5) Now decide how much share of EPF you have to give to each of your family members. After this, click on "Save EPF Nomination". If there is no wife/child in the family details, the system will also ask for information about nomination of EPS (Employee Pension Scheme).
Watch Zee Business Live TV below
6) If you choose not to have a family in e-nomination, then you will be asked to fill the details of EPF nominee directly. Here you will have to give the details of any relative, friend or whom you want to make a nominee. You can also put more than one person in the nominee here. Click on Add row to increase the nominee. After completing all the details, click "Save EPF Details".
7) After filing EPF and EPS nomination, you have to save the nomination with Aadhaar-based e-sign. You must have an Aadhaar Virtual ID for e-signature.
8) After Aadhaar based e-signature, you will have to download a PDF copy of the nomination form-2 and save it with the Employee code. All members of Employee Provident Fund (EPF) will have to submit the downloaded PDF copy of the nomination form-2 to their HR department. After this your nomination process will be completed online.