- Inflation may fall to 5.2 pc next fiscal on normal rains, ease in supplies: RBI report
- Flipkart Big Dussehra Sale 2022 announced: Check date, discounts, cashbacks, easy EMI options and more
- Stock Market next week: Geopolitical situation, US macro numbers, auto sales data among key triggers for holiday-shortened week
- FPIs turn net sellers again; withdraw Rs 7,600 cr from equities in September
- Suzlon Energy chairman Tulsi Tanti passes away at 64
How to open National Payment System account online through eNPS - Step by step guide
National Pension System (NPS): Wondering how to become an NPS subscriber? It's easy to do this online for a guaranteed regular pension post-retirement.
National Pension System (NPS): Wondering how to become an NPS subscriber? It's easy to do this online for a guaranteed regular pension post-retirement. Retirement planning is important for every working individual and it requires a disciplines saving and watchful investment. National Pension System (NPS) administered by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) is arguably one of the safest and the best pension plans available for all individuals. Through voluntary and defined regular contribution, systematic savings over the years, the NPS scheme also seeks to inculcate a saving habit for retirement among citizens.
Here's the step-by-step guide to open an NPS account online (also known as eNPS)
There are two options for opening NPS account -
A. NPS account opening through Aadhaar: For this,
1. KYC is done through One Time Password (OTP) authentication. OTP is sent to the mobile number registered with the Aadhaar of the subscriber. Also, demographic details and photo of the subscriber are fetched from the Aadhaar database and populated in the online form.
2. Subscribers have to fill up all mandatory details online, upload scanned signature (in *.jpeg/*.jpg format having file size between 4kb - 12kb).
3. Subscribers can replace the photo obtained from Aadhaar, and upload a scanned photograph.
4. In the last stage, the subscriber is routed to a payment gateway for making the payment towards the NPS account from Debit/Credit card or Internet Banking.
B: NPS account opening through PAN
1. For this, the subscriber needs to have a 'Permanent Account Number' (PAN). The KYC verification is done by the bank selected by the subscriber during the registration process.
2. It is important to ensure that the name and address provided by the subscriber during registration matches with bank records for KYC verification. Contact your bank if the KYC gets rejected.
3. The subscriber needs to fill up all the mandatory details online on the official website; upload scanned photograph and signature in *.jpeg/*.jpg format having file size between 4kb - 12kb
4. In the last step, the subscriber is routed to a payment gateway for making the payment towards the NPS account from Internet Banking
Following the registration, the subscriber is allocated a Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN), which is generated using the Virtual ID issued by the UIDAI against the subscriber's original Aadhaar number. After getting the PRAN, s/he are allowed to use one of the two options:
1. Select 'eSign' option in the eSign / Print and Courier page. After this, OTP for the purpose of authentication is sent to the subscriber's mobile number registered with the Aadhaar
2. Once the Virtual ID is authenticated, registration form gets successfully eSigned.
3. After completing eSigning process, the subscriber doesn't need send the physical copy of the form to CRA. The charge for eSign is Rs 5 plus GST.
B. Print and Courier
1. First, select 'Print & Courier' option in the eSign/Print and Courier page. Take a printout of the form, paste your photograph (please do not sign across the photograph) & affix signature. Also, sign on the block provided for signature
2. The photograph should not be stapled or clipped to the form. Send the form to the following address within 90 days from the date of allotment of PRAN to CRA (Central Recordkeeping Agency) or else the PRAN will be 'frozen' temporarily.
Central Recordkeeping Agency (eNPS)
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
1st Floor, Times Tower,
Kamala Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg,
Lower Parel, Mumbai - 400 013
Watch this Zee Business Video
How to make online NPS contribution
As per the PFRDA, all existing subscribers (registered through both online and offline mode) can contribute to Tier I & Tier II account using 'eNPS'. To contribute online, you need to:
1. One needs to have an active Tier I/Tier II account
2. The subscriber needs to authenticate PRAN using the OTP sent to her/his registered mobile number
3. Payment can be done through Debit/Credit card or via Internet Banking.
3. POP Service Charges is applicable on the contribution amount @ 0.10% (subject to a minimum of Rs10 and maximum of Rs 10,000 per transaction). This service charge is not applicable for subscribers registered in eNPS through Virtual ID.
( With inputs from official eNPS website: https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/NationalPensionSystem.html)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.