Farmers alert! These 5 agri-startups are boosting rural incomes, all you need to know
The agriculture sector was the core of the Union Budget for the year 2019-20 and the government has planned to invest widely in agriculture infrastructure to provide assured income to small and marginal scale farmers across the country.
The agriculture sector was the core of the Union Budget for the year 2019-20 and the government has planned to invest widely in agriculture infrastructure to provide assured income to small and marginal scale farmers across the country. Meanwhile, Agriculture technology or Agri-tech, has taken the lead for the required revolution in the agricultural sector in India. Technological intervention in the sector is now helping farmers and agriculture-based population to increase their income.
Farmers and Agri-tech startups in India have evolved rapidly over the past few years due to digital penetration and funding, majorly driving the growth in this sector and this is why you should know, how you can take benefits from these.
Here are five emerging startups empowering farmers to increase their incomes with the help of technology:
1. TechnifyBiz: An Agritech startup aims to create an Agri supply chain space where the processing of goods can be done directly by the farmers and farmer groups and help them in the market linkages of those goods thereby helping them double their incomes.
2. Ninjacart: NinjaCart is leveraging cutting-edge technology to provide a solution to the typical problems of lack of transparency, damage to food and adulteration. NinjaCart connects farmers with businesses so that fresh and authentic products can be sourced directly from the farm.
3. Cropin: One of the several solutions that CropIn provides to the agricultural ecosystem is the Farm Management Solution. "The fundamental aspect is the digitization of the farm and farmer. Cropin robust predictive solution which uses AI/ML to predict what is growing and where it is growing.
4. Gramophone: Gramophone is a digital platform that provides automated crop advisory coupled with sales of agriculture inputs. Recently got funding of 24cr to invest in the implementation of technology.
5. Agrostar: AgroStar, a Pune-based m-commerce startup that sells agricultural inputs directly to farmers, has established itself as one of the leaders in the agritech space in India especially after it. This agritech startup aims to scale its services across India, is trying to solve the last-mile logistics problem in rural India so as to enable better delivery of services.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.