Equity mutual fund inflows rises to Rs 20,362 crore in August; here's a look at top funds
Domestic markets in the month of August remained highly volatile on the back of strick regulations by Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) and later geo-political tensions added to the plunge.
The factors dragged equity markets 2% down in the last month. Despite that, the equity mutual funds saw a record inflows of Rs 20,362 crore, while the total assets of the mutual fund industry touched a record high level and crossed the Rs 20 lakh-crore mark last month.
According to the latest data by Amfi, assets under management of the mutual fund industry as on August 2017 stood at Rs 20.59 lakh crore.
Equity funds are funds that invest in equity stocks/shares of companies. These are considered high-risk funds but also tend to provide high returns. Equity funds can include specialty funds like infrastructure, fast moving consumer goods and banking to name a few.
Last month, equity mutual funds gave over 7% returns to its investors. Here's a look at the perfformance of top equity mutual funds:
1. Tata IndiaConsumeDP (G): With Net asset value of 16.48, the fund gave a return of 7.24% in one month.
2. AdityaBSL GlobalCoDP (G): With NAV of 12.65, the fund gave a return of 5.81% in the month of August.
3. Tata RetirSav ProgDP (G): With NAV of 30.09, the fund gave a return of 4.63% in one month.
4. Sahara Power&Natu DP (G): With NAV of 24.49, the fund gave a return of 4.23% in a month.
5. BOI AXA Tax Advan DP (G): With NAV of 53.87, the fund gave a return of 3.82% in a month.