EPFO UAN: Don’t know your UAN or want to generate it? Follow these steps
EPFO UAN: Are you having a Universal Account Number or UAN but don’t know what it is or if you simply want to generate it, then you can do it by yourself. All you have to do is to follow some simple steps to either know it or generate it
EPFO UAN: Are you having a Universal Account Number or UAN but don’t know what it is or if you simply want to generate it, then you can do it by yourself. All you have to do is to follow some simple steps to either know it or generate it.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Step by step to find your UAN:
- Visit the official EPFO website epfindia.gov.in and follow this link Our Services >> For Employees >> Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP) >> Know Your UAN (in ‘Important Links’ section)
- The Members are required to submit IDs or Aadhaar number or PAN number
- Enter your personal details line your name, date of birth, mobile number etc
- Enter Captcha and click on ‘Get Authorisation Pin’
- The UAN number will be sent to your mobile number.
You can also generate your UAN and not remain dependent upon your employer. In case the company is not providing you the UAN, you can generate it yourself. Generating EPFO is not difficult. Here is how you can do it.
How to generate UAN?
You can generate UAN by following these simple steps:
1) Go the UAN Portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
2) Click on the tab ‘Know your UAN Status’. A ‘Know Your UAN’ page will appear before you.
3) Now, select your state and EPFO office from the dropdown menu and enter your PF number/member ID along with the other details such as your name, date of birth, mobile number and captcha code. Your PF number/member ID will be mentioned in your salary slips. Now Enter the tab ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
4) Once you click on the ‘Get Authorization Pin’, you will receive a PIN on your mobile number. Enter the PIN and click on the ‘Validate OTP and get UAN’ button.
5) Your Universal Account Number will be sent to your mobile number. You can save it for future use.
But you must also know that you will be able to generate UAN only if the organization you work for, is registered with the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). UAN is a 12-digit number allotted to every employee registered with the retirement fund body.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.