EPFO subscriber: Want to withdraw your PF? Check this out
Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has over five crore subscribers and if you add retired employees, then the number goes over 19 crore. What is surprising that the date of birth of 8.38 crore subscribers and fathers name of 11.07 crore subscribers has not been registered with the EPFO.
Recently, the EPFO has announced the withdrawal of up to 75 per cent of funds in case a person loses his job and remains unemployed for over a month. The members would have an option to withdraw remaining 25 per cent after completion of two months of unemployment.
However, there are certain rules and provisions which you may have to follow to withdraw your money. One of them is linking your Aadhaar with your PF account. If you have not linked your EPFO account with your Aadhaar number, then you won't be able to withdraw your money.
Watch This Zee Business Video
The EPFO has made linking Aadhaar with EPFO account mandatory. However, if before linking your Aadhaar, you should make sure that your mobile number is linked with your Aadhaar as well as with your UAN number (EPFO account). If you have not done it yet, you can do it by following these steps:
* Open iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC/ or Click here
* Click on Link UAN Aadhaar
* Enter your UAN number
* Enter your mobile number and click on 'Generate OTP'
* Enter OTP received on your mobile number
* Select your gender
* Enter Aadhaar number
* Select 'Using Mobile/Email based OTP'
* Enter captcha and submit
* You will again get an OTP on your mobile
* Enter OTP and submit
Alternatively, you can also link your Aadhaar by logging into the unified portal of the EPFO. To log in, you will have to register on the portal.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.