EPFO Provident Fund ALERT! How to transfer PF balance from previous to current employer
EPFO allows the subscribers or the employees of an organisation of 20 or more individuals - to transfer provident fund (PF) balance with the previous employer to a new employer.
Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) offers an online service to help the customer to get various services online right from the withdrawal of provident fund (PF), to check the account balance in the easiest possible way or to transfer provident fund (PF) balance with the previous employer to a new employer. To run this function smoothly, EPFO has introduced a one-page composite form for the subscribers. EPFO allows the subscribers or the employees of an organisation of 20 or more individuals - to transfer provident fund (PF) balance with the previous employer to a new employer.
In the online transfer process of PF, an employee has the option to get the claim attested by the previous employer.
Here are the steps you should follow to transfer the PF Balance With the Previous Employer To New Employer:
1. Go to the EPFO portal using Universal Account Number (UAN) and password.
2. On the homepage, the subscriber needs to click 'Online Services' option on the main menu and select 'Transfer Request' to generate an online transfer request.
3. On clicking the 'Transfer Request', a page will open, where all the personal details of the employee are shown. User needs to verify all the personal details like EPF number, date of birth, date of joining, among others.
5. Select the option of the previous account that needs to be transferred and then click on the option "submit".
6. An OTP is then sent to the registered mobile number of the employee, Now after the authentication is done by the OTP, the request is submitted and an online filled-in form is generated.
7. User is required to sign the form and send it to the previous employer. After which the employer gets an online notification about the EPF transfer request.
8. After verification of the employment details, the employer can digitally forward the claim to the EPFO office.
9. EPFO will, hence, process the claim.
After this process you can also check the status of EPF transfer claim online through the official website.
Watch Zee Business video below:
Here are the following steps to check the status of EPF transfer claim online:
1. The EPF member is required to first log on to the EPFO members' portal using Universal Account Number (UAN) and password.
2. Click on the 'Online Services' menu and check the status of the EPF transfer claim under the 'Track Claim Status' menu
Using EPFO's online facility, the members can also apply for PF final settlement, pension withdrawal benefit and PF partial withdrawal.
EPF is a government-run pension scheme in which mandatory contribution is deducted from the salary of an employee and contributed towards the provident fund.