EPFO members alert! So easy - Know PF balance amount, latest Provident Fund contribution just by SMS - Here is how
Did you know that Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) subscribers can get their EPFO details by simply sending a text message or SMS?
Did you know that Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) subscribers can get their EPFO details by simply sending a text message or SMS? Did you know that EPFO members can get details of last contribution and PF Balance by sending a text message or SMS? Here are details of how to get EPFO details by SMS:-
- UAN activated Members may know their latest PF contribution and balance available with EPFO by sending an SMS at 7738299899 from registered mobile number
- “EPFOHO UAN” to 7738299899
- The facility is available in English (default) and Hindi, Punjabi, Guajarati, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Bengali
- For receiving the SMS in any of the languages other than English, first three characters of the preferred language needs to be added after UAN
- For example, to receive in SMS in Telugu then SMS to be send will be “EPFOHO UAN TEL” to 7738299899.
- SMS should be sent from the registered mobile number of UAN
- EPFO sends last PF contribution and balance details of the member along with available KYC information.
- Facility is available in 10 (ten) languages.
FULL LIST OF LANGUAGES SUPPORTED
1. English - Default
2. Hindi - HIN
3. Punjabi - PUN
4. Gujarati - GUJ
5. Marathi - MAR
6. Kannada - KAN
7. Telugu - TEL
8. Tamil - TAM
9. Malayalam - MAL
10.Bengali - BEN
To activate UAN, please use the following link:-
"EPFO is one of the World's largest Social Security Organisations in terms of clientele and the volume of financial transactions undertaken. At present it maintains 19.34 crore accounts (Annual Report 2016-17) pertaining to its members," as per EPFO website https://www.epfindia.gov.in.
The EPFO website says, "The Employees' Provident Fund came into existence with the promulgation of the Employees' Provident Funds Ordinance on the 15th November, 1951. It was replaced by the Employees' Provident Funds Act, 1952. The Employees' Provident Funds Bill was introduced in the Parliament as Bill Number 15 of the year 1952 as a Bill to provide for the institution of provident funds for employees in factories and other establishments. The Act is now referred as the Employees' Provident Funds & Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 which extends to the whole of India. The Act and Schemes framed there under are administered by a tri-partite Board known as the Central Board of Trustees, Employees' Provident Fund,consisting of representatives of Government (Both Central and State), Employers, and Employees."
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.