EPFO Grievance Redressal: Having issues regarding your EPF account? Here is how to do it right
The Employees' Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has over 6 crore subscribers, 12 lakh employers and 65 lakh, pensioners. EPFO has a robust mechanism for addressing account holders' grievances. The organisation works under the aegis of Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India with 21 Zonal offices, 138 regional offices and 117 district offices.
Various modes of registering and resolving grievances are - CPGRAMS, EPFiGMS, Call Center, Social Media, Emails, Nidhi Apke Nikat and Facilitation Centres.
1) CPGRAMS - Centralized Public Grievance Redress And Monitoring System CPGRAMS) is an online web-enabled system over NICNET developed by NIC, in association with Directorate of Public Grievances (DPG) and Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG). An account holder can visit www.pgportal.gov.in to register his complaint or query.
2) EPFiGMS - This is EPFO's in-house grievance redressal platform. The organisation claims to have solved 92% of the grievances within 20 days of the complaints. Around 4% is resolved in between 20 and 30 days and less than 60 days. You can visit www.epfigms.gov
3) Social Media - Ministry of Labour & Employment maintains a Twitter handle - @socialepfo and a Facebook Account- https://www.facebook.com/socialepfo/
4) EPFO call centre is operational 24X7 round the year including Saturdays and Sundays since May 2019. Approximately 1600 calls are received daily. Earlier it was running in a single shift from 9:15 am to 5:45 pm. The call centre no is - 1800118005
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below
5) PRO Facilitation Centre - Every office in the organization has a PRO (public relations officer) and a facilitation centre. The account holders can address their grievances at the felicitation centres.
6) Nidhi Aapke Nikat - to make the EPFO services more accessible, the organization conducts Nidhi Aapke Nikat camps of 10th of every month. This is an important platform for the grievance redressals.
7) You can also email your queries and complaints at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.