- Service charge on food bills: Big development from Delhi HC - No stay on guidelines prohibiting hotels, restaurants
- Fixed Depsit Interest Rate: Check latest FD rates of HDFC Bank, SBI, Kotak Mahindra Bank, PNB, ICICI Bank, BoB, IOB, Ujjivan
- Operation Demat Daka Big Impact: 4 out of 5 victims of demat account hacking receive compensation; Anil Singhvi lauds them for t
- Indian Railways to shut 300 ticket counters this year, to make IRCTC server robust
- India’s first electric double-decker bus Switch EiV22 unveiled | PHOTOS
EPFO alert! New Year gift from Modi government - Good news is here!
New Year 2020 is almost here, and here is good news from Modi government from EPFO.
New Year 2020 is almost here, and here is good news from Modi government from EPFO. According to a latest update, PM Narendra Modi-led Central government is going to implement a big decision from January 1, 2020.
The labour ministry will enforce the retirement fund body EPFO's decision to restore pension commutation, or advance part-withdrawal, under the Employees' Pension Scheme (EPS) from January 1, 2020, according to a report by news agency PTI.
PTI news agency quoting a source says reports that the labour ministry would issue a notification on January 1, 2020, to implement the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation's (EPFO) decision to restore commutation, or advance part-withdrawal, under the Employees' Pension Scheme.
Reportedly, the big move by Modi 2.0 will benefit 630,000 pensioners.
It is important to note here that these 630,000 pensioners had opted for commutation of their pension. Moreover, these pensioners got a lump sum amount at the time of retirement from their pension accumulations or fund before 2009. The provision for commutation of pension was withdrawn by the EPFO in 2009.
What is pension commutation or advance part-withdrawal?
Under the Pension commutation or advance part-withdrawal, monthly pension used to be cut by one-third for the next 15 years and the reduced amount was given in lump sum. After the 15 years, pensioners were entitled to get the full pension.
An EPFO panel had recommended for amendment in EPS-95 (Employees' Pension Scheme 19995) for restoration of commuted value of pension to pensioners after 15 years of drawing commutation.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.