Employees' Provident Fund: Want to use EPFO online services? Here is how to get UAN activated
The Employees' Provident Fund or EPF is annoying yet one of the most effective investment options. Employees often crib that a major part of their income goes towards EPF but don't realise that this sum will benefit them in the longer run.
The Employees' Provident Fund or EPF is annoying yet one of the most effective investment options. Employees often crib that a major part of their income goes towards EPF but don't realise that this sum will benefit them in the longer run. The provident fund (PF) contribution made by employees is managed by Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) which offers several services through its online portal. These services include making a nomination for your Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) account or Employees' Pension Scheme (EPS), filing a claim for EPF or EPS online, accessing your EPF passbook, etc.
However, to access these services, you need to activate your UAN which is a 12-digit unique member identity Universal Account Number generated by EPFO. These unique number helps EPFO subscribers to track the EPF accounts opened, check their balance and more. The UAN can be activated from the official website to EPFO.
WATCH Zee Business TV LIVE Streaming Online -
How to activate EPFO?
1. Go to member sewa portal website- https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
2. Click on the 'Activate UAN' option.
3. Enter anyone from UAN, Member ID, Aadhaar or PAN. The member ID is created by the employer for each employee. It is basically the EPF account number of the employee.
4. Enter details such as Name, date of birth, mobile number and email ID. Make sure they are same as in EPFO records.
5. Enter the captcha and click on 'Get Authorisation PIN'.
6. You will get the OTP or PIN through SMS on the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click 'Validate OTP and Activate UAN'.
7. The UAN is now activated. A password for the account will be sent on the registered mobile number through SMS. In order to avail online services, you can use this password to log in.
Ministry of Labour has recently notified 8.65 per cent interest rate on employee provident fund for 2018-19. After the notification, Rs 54,000 crore would be credited into accounts of 6 crore account holders as interest under the newly approved rate for 2018-19. Also, Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) will now be able to settle withdrawal claims on this rate.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.