e-SHRAMIK Card Registration: Are there any INCOME criteria for unorganised worker to register?
Unorganised workers can also directly register through the e-SHRAM portal eshram.gov.in.
Labour Shramik Card Registration news: The Government of India rolled out a national database for unorganised workers for the overall welfare of crores of unorganised workers of the country. The Modi government has developed an e-SHRAM portal, which will be seeded with their Aadhaar cards.
More than 38 crore unorganised workers (UW) in the country will be registered under one portal. The registration under the e-SHRAM portal is totally free and workers do not have to pay anything for his or her registration at Common Service Centres (CSCs), or Regional Offices of State Government. There are no income criteria for registering on eSHRAM as unorganised worker. However, he/she should not be an income tax payee.
They can also directly register through e-SHRAM portal eshram.gov.in. The bank details are being captured to ensure hassle-free delivery of benefits under social security schemes or any benefits by the Central/State government directly to the worker’s account. There will be no deduction from worker’s bank account after registration.
Criteria for Labour Shramik Card Registration
1. There are no income criteria for registering on e-SHRAM as unorganised worker. However, one should not be an income tax payee.
2. Any worker who is unorganized and aged between 16-59, is eligible to register on the e-SHRAM portal.
3. Documents like Aadhaar Number, mobile number, Aadhaar linked bank account will be required by the worker to register on the e-SHRAM portal. It can be noted that if a worker does not have Aadhaar linked mobile number, he/ she can visit nearest CSC’s and register through Biometric authentication.
4. After registering with the portal, workers will get an Accidental Insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh under PMSBY. In future, all the social security benefits of unorganised workers will be delivered through this portal. In emergency and national pandemic like situations, this database may be utilised to provide necessary assistance to the eligible unorganized workers.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
5. An Unorganised worker may register himself/herself through visiting on e-SHRAM portal or through assisted approach by visiting nearest CSC’s. It can be noted that registration on e-SHRAM portal is free. Workers are not required to pay any charges to any registering entity.
“So far more than 21.1 lakh unorganised sector workers have been registered on the e-shram portal. It will be easy for all the registered workers to get the benefits of government schemes,” the Ministry of Labour has tweeted.
After the registration, the workers will be issued an e-SHRAM card with a unique Universal Account Number (UAN) and they will be able to access the benefits of the various social security schemes through this card anywhere anytime.
It will have details of name, occupation, address, educational qualification, skill types and family details etc. for optimum the realisation of their employability and extend the benefits of the social security schemes to them. It is the first-ever national database of unorganised workers including migrant workers, construction workers, gig and platform workers and others.
Process for Labour Shramik Card Registration
To register the e-SHRAM portal, login to the official website at eshram.gov.in.
Click on the 'Register on e-SHRAM' link on the home page.
Enter the Aadhaar-linked mobile number and captcha code and click on send OTP.
Follow the subsequent instructions to complete the registration process.
Please note that if a worker does not have Aadhaar-linked mobile number, then he/ she can visit the nearest CSC and register through Biometric authentication.
The workers should have Aadhaar Number, Aadhaar-linked mobile number and bank account number to register for the e-SHRAM portal.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.