e-Shramik Card: 75 lakh workers registered on e-SHRAM portal eshram.gov.in; avail these social security schemes benefits once registered
The workers will be issued an e-SHRAM card with a unique Universal Account Number and they will be able to access the benefits of the various social security schemes through this card anywhere anytime.
Labour Shramik Card Registration news: The Government of India rolled out a national database for unorganised workers for the overall welfare of crores of unorganised workers of the country. The Modi government has developed an e-SHRAM portal, which will be seeded with their Aadhaar cards.
The Ministry of Labour tweeted: “Over 7,500,000 unorganised workers (UW) have already registered on e-SHRAM portal eshram.gov.in.” More than 38 crore unorganised workers in the country will be registered under one portal. The registration under the e-SHRAM portal is totally free and workers do not have to pay anything for his or her registration at Common Service Centres (CSCs), or Regional Offices of State Government.
They can also directly register through e-SHRAM portal eshram.gov.in. The bank details are being captured to ensure hassle-free delivery of benefits under social security schemes or any benefits by the central/state government directly to the worker’s account. There will be no deduction from worker’s bank account after registration.
Labour Shramik Card Registration Benefits
1. There are no income criteria for registering on e-SHRAM as unorganised worker. However, one should not be an income tax payee.
2. Any worker who is unorganized and aged between 16-59, is eligible to register on the e-SHRAM portal.
3. Documents like Aadhaar Number, mobile number, Aadhaar linked bank account will be required by the worker to register on the e-SHRAM portal. It can be noted that if a worker does not have Aadhaar linked mobile number, he/ she can visit nearest CSC’s and register through Biometric authentication.
4. After registering with the portal, workers will get an Accidental Insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh under PMSBY. In future, all the social security benefits of unorganised workers will be delivered through this portal. In emergency and national pandemic like situations, this database may be utilised to provide necessary assistance to the eligible unorganized workers.
— Ministry of Labour (@LabourMinistry) September 16, 2021
5. An Unorganised worker may register himself/herself through visiting on e-SHRAM portal or through assisted approach by visiting nearest CSC’s. It can be noted that registration on e-SHRAM portal is free. Workers are not required to pay any charges to any registering entity.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
After the registration, the workers will be issued an e-SHRAM card with a unique Universal Account Number (UAN) and they will be able to access the benefits of the various social security schemes through this card anywhere anytime.
It will have details of name, occupation, address, educational qualification, skill types and family details etc. for optimum the realisation of their employability and extend the benefits of the social security schemes to them. It is the first-ever national database of unorganised workers including migrant workers, construction workers, gig and platform workers and others.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.