Bank of Baroda vs IDBI vs United Bank RuPay Debit Card cash withdrawal limit, offers, charges, other benefits explained
The RuPay debit card comes with a host of features and benefits.
RuPay debit card was launched in 2012 and was dedicated to the nation by the President of India in 2014. It is one of the key components of PM Narendra Modi's financial inclusion outreach initiatives. RuPay is developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) – a ‘not-for-profit’ Company envisioned by Reserve Bank of India and created by the banking industry. RuPay Debit card can be used at any POS, ATM and e-commerce merchants in India. For international transactions, the RuPay Debit card can be used at any POS, ATM and e-commerce website which are enabled for Discover Financial Service (DFS).
The RuPay card comes with a host of features and benefits. RuPay Card also offers accident insurance cover:
* RuPay Platinum-Insurance amount can be claimed up to Rs 2 Lakh
* RuPay Classic-Insurance amount can be claimed up to Rs 1 Lakh
Here are key offers on the card by United Bank, IDBI Bank and Bank of Baroda:
United Bank of India RuPay Debit Card Offers:
* Cash withdrawal of Rs 25,000 maximum from the ATMs
* Shopping maximum of Rs 40,000 at stores through POS terminals and Online shopping by e-com transaction
* Maximum of 5 transactions (including cash withdrawal and POS) can be performed.
IDBI Bank RuPay Debit Card Offers:
* Free Airport Lounge Access
* Rupay Platinum Chip Debit Card offers 2 free visits per calendar quarter at participating Airport Lounges.
* Rupay Platinum Chip Debit Card offers Cash withdrawal limit of 1 lakh and purchase limit at Point of Sale (POS) of 1 lakh in a day. Online usage limit will be inclusive of daily purchase limits.
* You will be exempted from fuel surcharge applicable on fuel purchase value of 400 to 4000 per month subject to a maximum waiver of 400/-
* In addition to insurance cover of Rs 1 Lakh for lost/stolen/Counterfeit cards, you can avail of following insurance covers:
i. Personal Accident cover (Death Only) - Rs 5 Lakh
ii. Permanent Disability Cover -Rs 2 Lakh
iii. Loss of checked baggage -Rs 50, 000
iv. Purchase protection -Rs 20,000 for 90 days
v. Fire and burglary for household contents -Rs 50,000
Watch This Zee Business Video
Bank of Baroda RuPay Debit Card Offers:
* Cash withdrawal Rs. 50,000 per day from ATM
* Accidental insurance up to 2 lakh
* Free domestic airport lounge access
* 5% cashback on utility bill payment
Over 1,100 banking institutions have been issuing RuPay ATM card. Till July 2018, over 500 million cards were issued to the public by the banks.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.