Bank Holidays October 2021: Banks to remain closed on these days – check full list here
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released a list of bank holidays every month and for the month of October there are twenty-one days when public and private banking operations will remain closed.
October Bank Holidays List - The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) releases list of bank holidays every month and for the month of October there are twenty-one days when public and private banking operations will remain closed.
Out of these twenty-one days, there are fourteen festival or administrative-related holidays while the remaining are weekend holidays. People who are engaged in banking services or who are planning to visit banks in the coming month of October can note the dates on which the banking operations will remain closed and can plan their work accordingly.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
However, one must note that online banking services will continue to operate on holidays as well. Also, banking activities and holidays may differ in different states and from bank to bank.
Here is the list of bank holidays in October 2021:
1) October 1 – Half Yearly Closing of Bank Accounts
2) October 2 – Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti
3) October 3 - Sunday
4) October 6 – Mahalaya Amavasye
5) October 7 - Mera Chaoren Houba of Lainingthou Sanamahi
6) October 9 – 2nd Saturday
7) October 10 - Sunday
8) October 12 – Durga Puja (Maha Saptami)
9) October 13 – Durga Puja (Maha Ashtami)
10) October 14 - Durga Puja/Dussehra (Maha Navami)/Ayutha Pooja
11) October 15 – Durga Puja/Dasara/Dusshera (Vijaya Dashmi)
12) October 16 – Durga Puja (Dasain)
13) October 17 - Sunday
14) October 18 – Kati Bihu
15) October 19 – Id-E-Milad/Eid-e-Miladunnabi/Milad-i-Sherif (Prophet Mohammad’s Birthday)/Baravafat
16) October 20 – Maharishi Valmiki’s Birthday/Lakshmi Puja/Id-E-Milad
17) October 22 – Friday following Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi
18) October 23 – 4th Saturday
19) October 24 – Sunday
20) October 26 – Accession Day (Jammu & Srinagar)
21) October 31 - Sunday
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.