Want to update your Aadhaar card? Fee hiked; here is what you need to now about correction charges
Aadhaar card has become a very important document for us. Whether you need to open a bank account or file an income tax return, you have to quote details of your Aadhaar card at most of the places.
Aadhaar card has become a very important document for us. Whether you need to open a bank account or file an income tax return, you have to quote details of your Aadhaar card at most of the places. However, in case you made mistakes while filling forma and you need to go through the Aadhaar card update process, you will now have to pay more. However, Aadhaar card update online or correction charges will not be applied. That means it will be free and you have to pay nothing, says UIDAI.
Aadhaar card update correction charges
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has given people a facility of one-time improvement in the date of birth. But now you have to pay more for any correction required in the Aadhaar card. According to the circular issued by UIDAI, if a person has to make any changes in the address, mobile number and biometrics on his Aadhaar card, then he/she shall be required to pay a fee of Rs 50 (including service tax).
According to the circular, now Rs 50 will have to be paid for making Aadhaar card updates in any of these - mobile number, email id, name, address, gender, etc instead of Rs 25 earlier.
What to keep in mind
- Rs 50 will be charged for the correction in photos and fingerprints.
- If someone changes the details of the Aadhaar card by visiting UIDAI website, then it is not chargeable.
- Going Aadhaar center to update the Aadhaar card details is chargeable.
Watch Zee Business Live TV below
- Reprint of Aadhar card from the UIDAI website will also incur a charge of Rs 50. While the charges include the print of the card, speed post cost, and GST.
- No charge is to be paid for the first time Aadhaar enrollment.