Aadhaar Card Ration Card Link: Govt extends deadline till June 30 - Check online, offline procedure and documents required
Aadhar Ration Card Linking helps weed out duplicate ration cards and dishonest middlemen, enabling disbursal of government-sponsored benefits to genuine and deserving beneficiaries.
Aadhaar Card Ration Card Link: The Government of India has extended the deadline to link Aadhaar with Ration Card from March 31, 2023, to June 30, 2023. A notification in this regard was issued by the Department of Food and Public Distribution on Thursday.
As a majority of the Indian citizens living under the poverty line use their ration cards to take essential food items at subsidized rates from Public Distribution System (PDS) shops, the government has made it mandatory to link ration cards with Aadhaar to ensure transparency and eliminate duplicate and bogus cards.
Aadhar Ration Card Linking also helps weed out duplicate ration cards and dishonest middlemen, enabling disbursal of government-sponsored benefits to genuine and deserving beneficiaries.
An Aadhaar card can be linked to a ration card both online and offline, and here is how this can be done:
Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can link your Aadhaar card to your ration card, and essential documents required to do so.
Aadhaar-Ration Card Link: How to link link ration card with Aadhaar Card Offline?
Follow these simple steps to link your ration card to Aadhar offline —
1) Take a copy and the original of all the required documents to the nearest Ration shop or Public Distribution System (PDS) centre.
2) Submit these essential documents to the Ration shop/PDS
3) The representative at the rations store or PDS may require you to verify your Aadhaar card through fingerprint authentication.
4) As soon as the process is completed you will receive a notification via SMS.
5) When your Aadhaar is successfully linked to your ration card, you will receive another SMS.
Aadhaar-Ration Card Link: How to link ration card with Aadhaar Card Online?
Follow these simple steps to link your ration card to Aadhar online —
1) As every state has its own Official Public Distribution System (PDS) portal, log on to your state’s PDS website.
2) Choose the option to link Aadhaar with active cards.
3) First enter your Ration card number, then your Aadhaar card number.
then enter your registered mobile phone number.
4) Click on the continue/submit option.
5) Enter the OTP that is sent to your mobile phone at this juncture.
6) An SMS will be sent to you notifying when the process is completed.
Aadhaar-Ration Card Link: Documents required to link ration card with Aadhaar Card?
1) Photocopies of Aadhaar cards of all family members.
2) Photocopy of Aadhaar of the head of the family.
3) Original ration card and a photocopy of it as well.
4) A copy of bank passbook
5) A passport-sized photograph of the head of the family
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.