7th pay commission latest news today: Central government employees hopes now ride on these 2 points
7th pay commission latest news today: Even as the big hike hopes of Central government employees have not materialised yet, this volatile space of expectations has not cooled down in terms of latest news and more.
7th pay commission latest news today: Even as the big hike hopes of Central government employees have not materialised yet, this volatile space of expectations has not cooled down in terms of latest news and more. In fact, the government employees are still considering that the two big events in the coming months will get them what they have been demanding for long now. First, comes the Republic Day 2019, when the government usually makes new announcements. The second big event, in fact, the biggest of all, would be the Lok Sabha elections 2019 when parties - both in power and opposition - would leave no stone unturned to lure voters. Central government employees significantly constitute a large and influential group of voters in the country.
It is expected that before going to the polls, PM Narendra Modi-led Union government may announce some good news for the Central government employees.
Central government employees are 50 lakh strong and almost a similar number of pensioners are there. They have all pinned their hopes on the present regime at the Centre agreeing to their long-standing demands for a hike in salaries as currently, inflation is eating into their earnings even as their needs, as well as those of their families, are rising. They are demanding that Centre hike the fitment factor from the current levels to 3.68 times. The 7th pay commission report had recommended a hike in salaries via a formula that had fixed the fitment factor at 2.57 times. The salaries at the minimum level had thereafter, risen to Rs 18,000, but the demand is to raise them to Rs 26,000.
With so much going on, keep abreast of the 7th Pay Commission latest news here:
* HRA of 23,000 staff in Puducherry has been hiked at a cost of Rs 6 cr every month.
* 16 per cent of basic pay has been cleared for those in Puducherry. Staff in Mahe, Yanam and Karaikal would get 8 per cent.
* Tripura government has cleared the implementation of National Payment System (NPS). This is in wake of their earlier demands for 7th pay commission to be implemented for them having been cleared.
Watch this Zee Business video
* These state government employees pensions will get enhanced without delay.
* Indian Railways pension bill has hit the Rs 47,000 cr mark, courtesy salaries being given to staff as per 7th pay commission. This has added to the operational woes of the Railways.
* Maharashtra state government employees recently resorted to a massive strike demanding 7th pay commission benefits be implemented for them fast.
* Some 17 lakh government employees had resorted to strike that lasted for 3 days.
* In some good news for those looking for government jobs that pay well, it has been announced that new vacancies are available in which salaries will be paid according to 7th pay commission pay matrix.
* This was announced by UPSC and it has set the last date as August 30, 2018.