7th Pay Commission Latest News Today 2020: Salary hike announced! Good news for these Central government employees
The good news is that the Central government employees who perform night duty, have got the salary hike!
7th Pay Commission Latest News Today 2020: Amid the economic crisis due to Covid-19 pandemic, here is a good news from Modi government for some Central government employees. The Department of Personnel & Training under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension of Government of India has issued an OFFICE MEMORANDUM on the Subject: Implementation of Government decision on 7th CPC's recommendations on Night Duty Allowance (NDA). And, the good news is that the Central government employees who perform night duty, have got the salary hike!
As per the OFFICE MEMORANDUM, "Consequent upon the decision taken by the Government on the recommendations made by the 7th Central Pay Commission on the subject of Night Duty Allowance, the following instructions are being issued in supersession of this Department's O.M.s No. 12012/4/86-Estt.(Allowances) dated 04.10.1989 and OM No.15020/2/92- Estt.(Allowances) dated 05 .05 . 1994:-
- Wherever the working hours have been arrived at after taking into account the night weightage factor, no further compensation may be admissible.
- Night Duty will be defined as duty performed between 22:00 hours and 6:00 hours
- A uniform weightage of 10 minutes shall be given for every hour of night duty performed
- The ceiling of basic pay for entitlement of Night Duty Allowance shallbe Rs. 43600/- per month.
- The hourly rate of NDA equal to I(BP+DAI/2001 will be paid and the basic pay and DA for the calculation of NDA rates shall be the basic pay and DA prevalent as per 7th CPC.
- This formulation will extend to all employees across all Ministries/Departments who were already in receipt of NDA
- The amount of NDA will be worked out separately for each employee depending upon the basic pay the concerned employee is drawing on the date of performing the night duty. The existing practice for giving same rate of NDA to all employees with a particular Grade Pay should be discontinued.
- A certificate should be given by the supervisor concerned that Night Duty is essential.
The above instructions will be applicable with effect from 1st of July, 2017, says OFFICE MEMORANDUM by the Department of Personnel & Training under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension of Government of India.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.